[Bukkit] [Forge] [Universal] Conflicts with modified names

Xemiru

Now, you all know Bukkit; the server wrapper that serves it's purpose for the customization of the Minecraft multiplayer experience.

I've found a glitch that may have to do with FORGE instead of BUKKIT, since a vanilla client [and a switch to just optifine only] apparently has no problems. At least for me.

Some plugins like to change the names of the players so as they would appear to their liking; such as colored names to indicate a status. That's the problem. The client won't like it and render the player as invisible. Undetectable. The only possible interactions are chat, commands, and a shot with an arrow, or any ranged weapon for that matter. Also only seems to happen when the said player is respawned; not upon login.

I like my mods, and I do love forge; but this glitch kinda screws it over for me for some servers I play. This can be minor or major, whatever you wish. I only hope for it's fix in the future.

Thanks for reading.

- Xemiru

P.S. : I'll quickly make a plugin that does the feature that'll conflict with the client tomorrow and put it here if you want to test it.

Plugin or it didn't happen, people report this and we are unable to reproduce.

So I'm giving you the same restrictions, either post the server files so we can reproduce it in your next post, or you're getting banned for 7 days.

Sorry if this sounds mean im just sick of people saying this and bitching without attempting to help the situation.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

At this point I have to mess around with Bukkit and Vanilla minecraft and see if I can get packet sending to work with me.

I've only noticed this glitch occur only on two servers; both modifying the names.

I can't post the addresses here due to this thread being public. I've already tried pming you, but it's been denied. I will only post it here with your permission; or a different moderator's.

us.shotbow.net OR eu.shotwbow.net

These are the servers that have colored name changes.

The only time the glitch seems to take effect is when the players are teleported to the point where they're re-rendered by the client. (at least that's what I think.)

Uses Packet20NamedEntitySpawn.

Spent a little bit on those servers, The only invisible players that I ran into were the ghosts in the games, which well, is there point...

Aside from that all of the players with colored names render just fine.

And beyond that, i tried a few other games and everyone rendered just fine,save for some lag issues.

Every player that the client is told about, it rendering every tick.

So, im gunna have to say its unconfirmed unless you can produce that plugin you were speaking of that allows us to reproduce it.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

I'm not very sure about it; I am not the developer of the plugins both servers use; I'm simply assuming they're using a packet to change the names since you can't just change it from the Bukkit API.

I'll attempt to dig into it more. It might've been just one of my mods.