Trouble with rendering Item Model

ArmamentHaki

Hey, I have encountered another Problem whilst trying to render an custom OBJ Model as Item.
The console once again tells me no Errors, but my Item wont Show up in the Game.

Blockstate File (this should be right, as I got missing Location Errors until I added this):

{
    "forge_marker": 1,
    "defaults":	{
        "textures":{},
        "model": "zeldadungeons:small_key.obj"
    },
    "display":{}
}

I wont include the obj model file as it is 6000 lines Long.

This is the .mtl file, referencing my texture:

# Blender MTL File: 'None'
# Material Count: 1

newmtl Material.001
Ns 94.117647
Ka 1.000000 1.000000 1.000000
Kd 0.125947 0.125947 0.125947
Ks 0.022227 0.022227 0.022227
Ke 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000
Ni 1.000000
d 1.000000
illum 2
map_Kd zeldadungeons:items/small_key

Have you told Minecraft that you need an OBJ model?

OBjLoader::loadModel

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

23 minutes ago, Draco18s said:

No, I haven't. In fact, I do not even know where I should call it? Do I Need to do it in the class that Registers my models?

package net.zeldadungeons.init;

import net.zeldadungeons.ZeldaDungeons;
import net.zeldadungeons.init.blocks.BlockPressureSwitch;
import net.zeldadungeons.util.MeshDefinitionFix;
import net.minecraft.block.Block;
import net.minecraft.block.state.IBlockState;
import net.minecraft.client.renderer.ItemMeshDefinition;
import net.minecraft.client.renderer.block.model.ModelBakery;
import net.minecraft.client.renderer.block.model.ModelResourceLocation;
import net.minecraft.init.Items;
import net.minecraft.item.Item;
import net.minecraft.util.ResourceLocation;
import net.minecraftforge.client.event.ModelRegistryEvent;
import net.minecraftforge.client.model.ModelLoader;
import net.minecraftforge.client.model.obj.OBJLoader;
import net.minecraftforge.fml.common.Mod;
import net.minecraftforge.fml.common.eventhandler.SubscribeEvent;
import net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.Side;

@Mod.EventBusSubscriber(value = Side.CLIENT, modid = ZeldaDungeons.MODID)
public class Modelizer {
	public static final Modelizer INSTANCE = new Modelizer();

@SubscribeEvent
	public static void registerAll(final ModelRegistryEvent e) {
		INSTANCE.registerItemModels();
		INSTANCE.registerBlockModels();
	}

private void registerItemModels() {
		registerItemModel(Itemizer.FAIRY_SLINGSHOT);
		registerItemModel(Itemizer.SMALL_KEY);

}

private void registerBlockModels() {
		registerBlockItemModel(Blockizer.PRESSURE_SWITCH.getDefaultState());
	}

private void registerItemModel(Item item) {
		final ModelResourceLocation resource = new ModelResourceLocation(item.getRegistryName(), "inventory");
		ModelLoader.setCustomModelResourceLocation(item, 0, resource);
	}

private void registerBlockItemModel(final IBlockState state) {
		final Block block = state.getBlock();
		final Item item = Item.getItemFromBlock(block);

if (item != Items.AIR) {
			registerItemModel(item);
		}
	}
}

I already added the Domain of my Mod to the ObjLoader.

Edited by ArmamentHaki

I believe it is used instead of ModelLoader.setCustomModelResourceLocation.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

It crashes when I do so:

Spoiler

2017-12-02 22:43:05,973 main WARN Unable to instantiate org.fusesource.jansi.WindowsAnsiOutputStream

2017-12-02 22:43:05,978 main WARN Unable to instantiate org.fusesource.jansi.WindowsAnsiOutputStream

[22:43:06] [main/INFO] [GradleStart]: Extra: []

[22:43:06] [main/INFO] [GradleStart]: Running with arguments: [--userProperties, {}, --assetsDir, C:/Users/luca/.gradle/caches/minecraft/assets, --assetIndex, 1.12, --accessToken{REDACTED}, --version, 1.12.2, --tweakClass, net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker, --tweakClass, net.minecraftforge.gradle.tweakers.CoremodTweaker]

[22:43:06] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Loading tweak class name net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker

[22:43:06] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Using primary tweak class name net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker

[22:43:06] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Loading tweak class name net.minecraftforge.gradle.tweakers.CoremodTweaker

[22:43:06] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Calling tweak class net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker

[22:43:07] [main/INFO] [FML]: Forge Mod Loader version 14.23.0.2491 for Minecraft 1.12.2 loading

[22:43:07] [main/INFO] [FML]: Java is Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM, version 1.8.0_131, running on Windows 7:amd64:6.1, installed at C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_131\jre

[22:43:07] [main/INFO] [FML]: Managed to load a deobfuscated Minecraft name- we are in a deobfuscated environment. Skipping runtime deobfuscation

[22:43:07] [main/INFO] [FML]: Ignoring missing certificate for coremod FMLCorePlugin (net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.FMLCorePlugin), we are in deobf and it's a forge core plugin

[22:43:07] [main/INFO] [FML]: Ignoring missing certificate for coremod FMLForgePlugin (net.minecraftforge.classloading.FMLForgePlugin), we are in deobf and it's a forge core plugin

[22:43:07] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Calling tweak class net.minecraftforge.gradle.tweakers.CoremodTweaker

[22:43:07] [main/INFO] [GradleStart]: Injecting location in coremod net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.FMLCorePlugin

[22:43:07] [main/INFO] [GradleStart]: Injecting location in coremod net.minecraftforge.classloading.FMLForgePlugin

[22:43:07] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Loading tweak class name net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLInjectionAndSortingTweaker

[22:43:07] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Loading tweak class name net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLDeobfTweaker

[22:43:07] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Loading tweak class name net.minecraftforge.gradle.tweakers.AccessTransformerTweaker

[22:43:07] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Calling tweak class net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLInjectionAndSortingTweaker

[22:43:07] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Calling tweak class net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLInjectionAndSortingTweaker

[22:43:07] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Calling tweak class net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager$FMLPluginWrapper

2017-12-02 22:43:08,133 main WARN Unable to instantiate org.fusesource.jansi.WindowsAnsiOutputStream

2017-12-02 22:43:08,730 main WARN Unable to instantiate org.fusesource.jansi.WindowsAnsiOutputStream

2017-12-02 22:43:08,732 main WARN Unable to instantiate org.fusesource.jansi.WindowsAnsiOutputStream

[22:43:11] [main/ERROR] [FML]: FML appears to be missing any signature data. This is not a good thing

[22:43:11] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Calling tweak class net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager$FMLPluginWrapper

[22:43:11] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Calling tweak class net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLDeobfTweaker

[22:43:12] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Calling tweak class net.minecraftforge.gradle.tweakers.AccessTransformerTweaker

[22:43:12] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Loading tweak class name net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.TerminalTweaker

[22:43:12] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Calling tweak class net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.TerminalTweaker

[22:43:12] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Launching wrapped minecraft {net.minecraft.client.main.Main}

[22:43:15] [main/INFO]: Setting user: Player434

[22:43:24] [main/WARN]: Skipping bad option: lastServer:

[22:43:24] [main/INFO]: LWJGL Version: 2.9.4

[22:43:28] [main/INFO] [FML]: -- System Details --

Details:

Minecraft Version: 1.12.2

Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1

Java Version: 1.8.0_131, Oracle Corporation

Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation

Memory: 769408200 bytes (733 MB) / 1038876672 bytes (990 MB) up to 1038876672 bytes (990 MB)

JVM Flags: 3 total; -Xincgc -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M

IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0

FML:

Loaded coremods (and transformers):

GL info: ' Vendor: 'ATI Technologies Inc.' Version: '4.2.11481 Compatibility Profile Context' Renderer: 'AMD Radeon HD 7560D'

[22:43:28] [main/INFO] [FML]: MinecraftForge v14.23.0.2491 Initialized

[22:43:28] [main/INFO] [FML]: Starts to replace vanilla recipe ingredients with ore ingredients.

[22:43:29] [main/INFO] [FML]: Replaced 1036 ore ingredients

[22:43:30] [main/INFO] [FML]: Found 0 mods from the command line. Injecting into mod discoverer

[22:43:30] [main/INFO] [FML]: Searching C:\Users\luca\Diebe im Olymp CD\Desktop\ZeldaDungeons\run\mods for mods

[22:43:30] [main/INFO] [zeldadungeons]: Mod zeldadungeons is missing the required element 'name'. Substituting zeldadungeons

[22:43:32] [Thread-3/INFO] [FML]: Using sync timing. 200 frames of Display.update took 250065398 nanos

[22:43:32] [main/INFO] [FML]: Forge Mod Loader has identified 5 mods to load

[22:43:33] [main/INFO] [FML]: Attempting connection with missing mods [minecraft, mcp, FML, forge, zeldadungeons] at CLIENT

[22:43:33] [main/INFO] [FML]: Attempting connection with missing mods [minecraft, mcp, FML, forge, zeldadungeons] at SERVER

[22:43:34] [main/INFO]: Reloading ResourceManager: Default, FMLFileResourcePack:Forge Mod Loader, FMLFileResourcePack:Minecraft Forge, FMLFileResourcePack:zeldadungeons

[22:43:35] [main/INFO] [FML]: Processing ObjectHolder annotations

[22:43:35] [main/INFO] [FML]: Found 1172 ObjectHolder annotations

[22:43:35] [main/INFO] [FML]: Identifying ItemStackHolder annotations

[22:43:35] [main/INFO] [FML]: Found 0 ItemStackHolder annotations

[22:43:35] [main/INFO] [FML]: Configured a dormant chunk cache size of 0

[22:43:35] [Forge Version Check/INFO] [ForgeVersionCheck]: [forge] Starting version check at http://files.minecraftforge.net/maven/net/minecraftforge/forge/promotions_slim.json

[22:43:35] [main/INFO] [zeldadungeons]: PreInitialization - ZeldaDungeons

[22:43:35] [main/INFO] [FML]: OBJLoader: Domain zeldadungeons has been added.

[22:43:35] [main/INFO] [FML]: Applying holder lookups

[22:43:35] [main/INFO] [FML]: Holder lookups applied

[22:43:35] [main/INFO] [zeldadungeons]: initItems

[22:43:36] [main/ERROR] [FML]: Exception caught during firing event net.minecraftforge.client.event.ModelRegistryEvent@1a787480:

java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problem:

Unhandled exception type Exception

at net.zeldadungeons.init.Modelizer.registerItemObjModel(Modelizer.java:58) ~[Modelizer.class:?]

at net.zeldadungeons.init.Modelizer.registerItemModels(Modelizer.java:33) ~[Modelizer.class:?]

at net.zeldadungeons.init.Modelizer.registerAll(Modelizer.java:27) ~[Modelizer.class:?]

at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_8_Modelizer_registerAll_ModelRegistryEvent.invoke(.dynamic) ~[?:?]

at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:90) ~[ASMEventHandler.class:?]

at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus$1.invoke(EventBus.java:143) ~[EventBus$1.class:?]

at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:179) [EventBus.class:?]

at net.minecraftforge.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.fireSidedRegistryEvents(FMLClientHandler.java:1091) [FMLClientHandler.class:?]

at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.fireSidedRegistryEvents(FMLCommonHandler.java:757) [FMLCommonHandler.class:?]

at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.Loader.preinitializeMods(Loader.java:606) [Loader.class:?]

at net.minecraftforge.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:266) [FMLClientHandler.class:?]

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.init(Minecraft.java:508) [Minecraft.class:?]

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:416) [Minecraft.class:?]

at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(Main.java:118) [Main.class:?]

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_131]

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:1.8.0_131]

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_131]

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:1.8.0_131]

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_131]

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:1.8.0_131]

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_131]

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:1.8.0_131]

at net.minecraftforge.gradle.GradleStartCommon.launch(GradleStartCommon.java:97) [start/:?]

at GradleStart.main(GradleStart.java:26) [start/:?]

[22:43:36] [main/ERROR] [FML]: Index: 1 Listeners:

[22:43:36] [main/ERROR] [FML]: 0: NORMAL

[22:43:36] [main/ERROR] [FML]: 1: net.minecraftforge.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus$1@707004b6

[22:43:36] [main/INFO] [STDOUT]: [net.minecraft.init.Bootstrap:printToSYSOUT:630]: ---- Minecraft Crash Report ----

// I bet Cylons wouldn't have this problem.

Time: 12/2/17 10:43 PM

Description: Initializing game

java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problem:

Unhandled exception type Exception

at net.zeldadungeons.init.Modelizer.registerItemObjModel(Modelizer.java:58)

at net.zeldadungeons.init.Modelizer.registerItemModels(Modelizer.java:33)

at net.zeldadungeons.init.Modelizer.registerAll(Modelizer.java:27)

at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_8_Modelizer_registerAll_ModelRegistryEvent.invoke(.dynamic)

at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:90)

at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus$1.invoke(EventBus.java:143)

at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:179)

at net.minecraftforge.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.fireSidedRegistryEvents(FMLClientHandler.java:1091)

at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.fireSidedRegistryEvents(FMLCommonHandler.java:757)

at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.Loader.preinitializeMods(Loader.java:606)

at net.minecraftforge.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:266)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.init(Minecraft.java:508)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:416)

at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(Main.java:118)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at net.minecraftforge.gradle.GradleStartCommon.launch(GradleStartCommon.java:97)

at GradleStart.main(GradleStart.java:26)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --

Thread: Client thread

Stacktrace:

at net.zeldadungeons.init.Modelizer.registerItemObjModel(Modelizer.java:58)

at net.zeldadungeons.init.Modelizer.registerItemModels(Modelizer.java:33)

at net.zeldadungeons.init.Modelizer.registerAll(Modelizer.java:27)

at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_8_Modelizer_registerAll_ModelRegistryEvent.invoke(.dynamic)

at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:90)

at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus$1.invoke(EventBus.java:143)

at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:179)

at net.minecraftforge.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.fireSidedRegistryEvents(FMLClientHandler.java:1091)

at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.fireSidedRegistryEvents(FMLCommonHandler.java:757)

at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.Loader.preinitializeMods(Loader.java:606)

at net.minecraftforge.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:266)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.init(Minecraft.java:508)

-- Initialization --

Details:

Stacktrace:

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:416)

at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(Main.java:118)

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

at net.minecraftforge.gradle.GradleStartCommon.launch(GradleStartCommon.java:97)

at GradleStart.main(GradleStart.java:26)

-- System Details --

Details:

Minecraft Version: 1.12.2

Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1

Java Version: 1.8.0_131, Oracle Corporation

Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation

Memory: 725625104 bytes (692 MB) / 1038876672 bytes (990 MB) up to 1038876672 bytes (990 MB)

JVM Flags: 3 total; -Xincgc -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M

IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0

FML: MCP 9.42 Powered by Forge 14.23.0.2491 5 mods loaded, 5 mods active

States: 'U' = Unloaded 'L' = Loaded 'C' = Constructed 'H' = Pre-initialized 'I' = Initialized 'J' = Post-initialized 'A' = Available 'D' = Disabled 'E' = Errored

| State | ID | Version | Source | Signature |

|:----- |:------------- |:------------ |:-------------------------------- |:--------- |

| UCH | minecraft | 1.12.2 | minecraft.jar | None |

| UCH | mcp | 9.42 | minecraft.jar | None |

| UCH | FML | 8.0.99.99 | forgeSrc-1.12.2-14.23.0.2491.jar | None |

| UCH | forge | 14.23.0.2491 | forgeSrc-1.12.2-14.23.0.2491.jar | None |

| UCH | zeldadungeons | alpha 1.0 | bin | None |

Loaded coremods (and transformers):

GL info: ' Vendor: 'ATI Technologies Inc.' Version: '4.2.11481 Compatibility Profile Context' Renderer: 'AMD Radeon HD 7560D'

Launched Version: 1.12.2

LWJGL: 2.9.4

OpenGL: AMD Radeon HD 7560D GL version 4.2.11481 Compatibility Profile Context, ATI Technologies Inc.

GL Caps: Using GL 1.3 multitexturing.

Using GL 1.3 texture combiners.

Using framebuffer objects because OpenGL 3.0 is supported and separate blending is supported.

Shaders are available because OpenGL 2.1 is supported.

VBOs are available because OpenGL 1.5 is supported.

Using VBOs: Yes

Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'

Type: Client (map_client.txt)

Resource Packs:

Current Language: English (United Kingdom)

Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)

CPU: 4x AMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics

[22:43:36] [main/INFO] [STDOUT]: [net.minecraft.init.Bootstrap:printToSYSOUT:630]: #@!@# Game crashed! Crash report saved to: #@!@# C:\Users\luca\Diebe im Olymp CD\Desktop\ZeldaDungeons\run\.\crash-reports\crash-2017-12-02_22.43.36-client.txt

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: Using incremental CMS is deprecated and will likely be removed in a future release

This is what I changed:

package net.zeldadungeons.init;

import net.zeldadungeons.ZeldaDungeons;
import net.zeldadungeons.init.blocks.BlockPressureSwitch;
import net.zeldadungeons.util.MeshDefinitionFix;
import net.minecraft.block.Block;
import net.minecraft.block.state.IBlockState;
import net.minecraft.client.renderer.ItemMeshDefinition;
import net.minecraft.client.renderer.block.model.ModelBakery;
import net.minecraft.client.renderer.block.model.ModelResourceLocation;
import net.minecraft.init.Items;
import net.minecraft.item.Item;
import net.minecraft.util.ResourceLocation;
import net.minecraftforge.client.event.ModelRegistryEvent;
import net.minecraftforge.client.model.ModelLoader;
import net.minecraftforge.client.model.obj.OBJLoader;
import net.minecraftforge.fml.common.Mod;
import net.minecraftforge.fml.common.eventhandler.SubscribeEvent;
import net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.Side;

@Mod.EventBusSubscriber(value = Side.CLIENT, modid = ZeldaDungeons.MODID)
public class Modelizer {
	public static final Modelizer INSTANCE = new Modelizer();

@SubscribeEvent
	public static void registerAll(final ModelRegistryEvent e) {
		INSTANCE.registerItemModels();
		INSTANCE.registerBlockModels();
	}

private void registerItemModels() {
		registerItemModel(Itemizer.FAIRY_SLINGSHOT);
		registerItemObjModel(Itemizer.SMALL_KEY);

}

private void registerBlockModels() {
		registerBlockItemModel(Blockizer.PRESSURE_SWITCH.getDefaultState());
	}

private void registerItemModel(Item item) {
		final ModelResourceLocation resource = new ModelResourceLocation(item.getRegistryName(), "inventory");
		ModelLoader.setCustomModelResourceLocation(item, 0, resource);

}

private void registerBlockItemModel(final IBlockState state) {
		final Block block = state.getBlock();
		final Item item = Item.getItemFromBlock(block);

if (item != Items.AIR) {
			registerItemModel(item);
		}
	}

private void registerItemObjModel(Item item) {
		OBJLoader.INSTANCE.loadModel(resource);
	}
}

I haven't messed with using OBJ models myself, try searching the forums for OBjLoader

3 hours ago, Draco18s said:

That is used to manually load a model (Equivalent of ModelLoaderRegistry#getModel)

To have the ObjLoader scan your resources, one needs to call OBJLoader::addDomain(modid) during either the ModelRegistryEvent or preInit. The former is preferred.

Edited by Matryoshika

Also previously known as eAndPi.

"Pi, is there a station coming up where we can board your train of thought?" -Kronnn

Published Mods: Underworld

Handy links: Vic_'s Forge events Own WIP Tutorials.

4 minutes ago, Matryoshika said:

To have the ObjLoader scan your resources, one needs to call OBJLoader::addDomain(modid)

I already called it, in the Log I posted it says "added zeldadungeons as a domain".

Maybe it is a problem with the model itself?

Edited by ArmamentHaki

I'm not sure how you are not getting any issues. Minecraft needs the variants for this block, which by default are "normal" and in the case of corresponding itemblocks, "inventory".

This is how I usually write my blockstates for OBJ models. Though you'll likely won't need the "transform" block, and the "defaults": "model" should correspond to "forge:default-block"

"Pi, is there a station coming up where we can board your train of thought?" -Kronnn

Ah, misread.
They are, and the execution is the same as the example blockstate I linked. Here, the sole variant used for items is "inventory".

It doesn't work yet. Do I have to pay attention to something while exporting an obj file? Like, how big is it or how to properly unwrap the model? I would post a screenshot but it is simply invisible in my inventory... That means that forge somehow loads it but not the right way, doesn't it?

Perhaps.

What program do you use to create the OBJ models?

I know that in Blender, with default settings, a normal sized block corresponds to a cube at x 0.5 y -0.5 z 0.5 at scale 0.5. While I know that you are not using a block, this should help you narrow down issues with size and/or translation

The ObjLoader also only support faces with a maximum of 4 vertices. Be sure to have the checkbox for "triangulate faces" marked, though issues with that should be logged.

This could also be an issue with the texture. Are you applying the texture to the material, or to an actual UV-map? The second option is the one I use.

Try setting the render to "textured" at the bottom of the screen, to get a (bad) preview of the model with texture.

Also be sure that the Normals for this item are OK. If the model is rendered inside-out, you wouldn't be able to see it.

Edited by Matryoshika
  • Like 1