Modloader addOverride in Forge?

WeeziMonkey

Is there a way to do something similliar like that in Forge? Because i have read multipile tutorials several times now to make an item, but the texture wont work. I have a blank 256x256 Spritesheet.png and a 16x16 DiamondNugget.png

The only thing i can find is how to add that Spritesheet. But does that mean i have to place my 16x16 image into the spritesheet? Because Paint.NET isnt really pixel-precise..

Is there a way to do something similliar like that in Forge? Because i have read multipile tutorials several times now to make an item, but the texture wont work. I have a blank 256x256 Spritesheet.png and a 16x16 DiamondNugget.png

The only thing i can find is how to add that Spritesheet. But does that mean i have to place my 16x16 image into the spritesheet? Because Paint.NET isnt really pixel-precise..

Paint.NET is quite pixel-precise if you zoom in all the way. Also once you've selected something it will show you at the bottom the x and y, so if both are multiples of 16 you know that it's the start of a new sprite section, if you know what I mean. Also the rulers are quite handy as well.

Thanks...!

Paint.NET is quite pixel-precise if you zoom in all the way. Also once you've selected something it will show you at the bottom the x and y, so if both are multiples of 16 you know that it's the start of a new sprite section, if you know what I mean. Also the rulers are quite handy as well.

I know. But for know mostly i edit existing Minecraft icons, and then its hard to select the right 16x16 with a retangle tool when other icons are around it. And transparant backgrounds make it even harder.

Add a new non-transperent background layer then ^^

Also fi you search around for some paint.net tutorials I'm sure you can find some new tricks to make the job easier when you know the tools and shortcuts ^^

If you guys dont get it.. then well ya.. try harder...

I use a very useful addon to paint.net, called GridMaker (http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/4175-grid-maker-plugin/) which lets you make grids as wide/high as you want, so for you can make it 16x16.

My settings for a 256x256:

• Horizontal grid step: 16
  • Horizontal grid step: 16
  • Checker Board
  • Top left. (Centered on CROSSING and bottom right work the same)
  • Everything else unchecked (unless maybe linked with horizontal, which maches same size horizontal and vertical...)

Lastly, something that I guess most of you know, but there might be someone that doesn't, use the pencil instead of the brush, it's much more pixel-accurate.