Missing files / library on forge

chunklady

Hi,

So my son is on a mac, and has minecraft version 1.12. Our goal is to install LuckyBlocks, and it seems we need Forge to do so. We downloaded the latest version of Forge Universal and followed the guides for mac. Problem quickly arose; it doesn't seem the guide fits the newest version of minecraft.. our binary files are placed in ./version/ - not in ./bin - and they are called e.i. 1.12.22.jar - not minecraft.jar. 

right, so, we try to run the Forge jar file in ~/Downloads. We can't - okay, we need idk from Oracle; download that one - try again. New error - the infamous "missing files in library" error.. we try to move the forge jar file into the minecraft folder - no change. We try to move it into ./versions - also no change.

Any chance for an updated install guide for mac ?

9 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

I don't know which instructions you followed, but they are outdated. The instructions for every operating system are: Run the installer. That is all.

I am not sure which post you read. Its exactly "run the installer" that fails. The installer-.jar doesn't run out of the box, due to missing Library files. This is the official universal installer, downloaded from here: https://files.minecraftforge.net .

You are welcome to contribute with information on how to use the universal installer, or how to run it, when it states files are missing.

1) You have Java9 Installed, Minecraft/Forge will not work on Java9, please use Java8

2) You are trying to run the universal.jar Which is NOT the installer. The installer is called... installer...

The universal jar is one of the things the installer installs. The other things are all the required libraries.

So.. go download the installer, and run it. It should popup a window asking if you want to install the server or the client and where you want to install it to.

Typically for the client, just leave the target directory default if you're just running the Mojang launcher normally.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon