How to start on win10

MATIPEHA

Hi,

My 6 years old son asked me to install him furnitures he saw in the mineworld magazine. He was playing minecraft on his ipad so far.

I have given him my old laptop and was trying to install the mode reading the instruction, but there is my first general question - do I have to install minecraft on this computer or he can play online?

Thank you in advance for help or redirect me to the forum or some other instructions.

Best regards

Tomasz

Yes, you would need to install Minecraft. Make sure you check which edition you need from the article you read, most mods (including forge) are for the Java edition, which comes from minecraft.net, NOT the windows store.

Even if you wanted the windows 10 edition, buy the Java edition from minecraft.net and you get a free copy of the Windows 10/Bedrock edition.