Jump to content

Change mob loot table and experience on spawn


Insane96MCP

Recommended Posts

You can set the EntityLiving#deathLootTable field using reflection to change an entity's loot table. You can also subscribe to LivingDropsEvent to change the item dropped by an entity.

 

You can set the EntityLiving#experienceValue field using reflection to change the amount of experience dropped by an entity, though some entities set this field after the initial spawn (e.g. Baby Zombies do this on death). You can also subscribe to LivingExperienceDropEvent to change the amount of experience dropped by an entity.

Edited by Choonster
  • Thanks 1

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can also use the LootTableLoadEvent to modify the loot table.

  • Like 1

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

 

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

 

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Draco18s said:

You can also use the LootTableLoadEvent to modify the loot table.

 

Though it should be noted that this affects the loot table globally rather than for just a single entity.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Choonster said:

 

Though it should be noted that this affects the loot table globally rather than for just a single entity.

The original question is a bit ambiguous, but I read it as he wants to replace the loot globally for wither skeletons. In the event you get the name of the resource which would let you filter to only change the wither skeleton loot.

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 18/3/2018 at 12:12 PM, Choonster said:

You can set the EntityLiving#deathLootTable field using reflection to change an entity's loot table. You can also subscribe to LivingDropsEvent to change the item dropped by an entity.

 

You can set the EntityLiving#experienceValue field using reflection to change the amount of experience dropped by an entity, though some entities set this field after the initial spawn (e.g. Baby Zombies do this on death). You can also subscribe to LivingExperienceDropEvent to change the amount of experience dropped by an entity.

That's what I wanted

 

18 hours ago, Draco18s said:

You can also use the LootTableLoadEvent to modify the loot table.

But this will be pretty useful for another mod.

Thanks all

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Insane96MCP said:

Why?

 

So that Baby Zombies drop roughly 2.5x more experience from the super call in EntityZombie#getExperiencePoints.

 

6 hours ago, Insane96MCP said:

And I can use my loot tables by putting them in resources/mod_id/loot_tables/whatever_folder_I_want?

 

If you mean assets/<mod_id>/loot_tables/..., then yes.

  • Thanks 1

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 18-3-2018 at 12:12 PM, Choonster said:

You can also subscribe to LivingExperienceDropEvent to change the amount of experience dropped by an entity.

 

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

 

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

 

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

 

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 19/3/2018 at 9:53 PM, Choonster said:

If you mean assets/<mod_id>/loot_tables/..., then yes.

I did it, but minecraft seem to not like my loot tables
I've placed a file in assets/progressivebosses/loot_tables/dragon_minion.json. The json is valid (copy paste of squid loot table).
Then used deathLootTable.set(shulker, new ResourceLocation("progressivebosses:dragon_minion"));

But the shulker drops nothing ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/22/2018 at 3:54 AM, Insane96MCP said:

I did it, but minecraft seem to not like my loot tables
I've placed a file in assets/progressivebosses/loot_tables/dragon_minion.json. The json is valid (copy paste of squid loot table).
Then used deathLootTable.set(shulker, new ResourceLocation("progressivebosses:dragon_minion"));

But the shulker drops nothing ...

 

Are there any errors in the log?

 

Try setting breakpoints in EntityLiving#dropLoot, LootTableManager#getLootTableFromLocation and LootTableManager.Loader#load and stepping through them when a Shulker dies.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Choonster said:

 

Are there any errors in the log?

 

Try setting breakpoints in EntityLiving#dropLoot, LootTableManager#getLootTableFromLocation and LootTableManager.Loader#load and stepping through them when a Shulker dies.

I had to register the loot table and add the "name" field to the loot table (but I don't know which one of those fix resolved my problem)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.