LivingSpawnEvent.CheckSpawn not fired when summon or spawn egg is used

MrChoke

This is a limitation with Forge that I am seeing.  The "canEntitySpawn" hook has not been placed when entities are summoned via command or when the spawn egg is used.  This means that we cannot apply changes to the entities for these types of spawns.

Do I need to purse a pull request to fix this or am I missing something on how this is used?

19 minutes ago, MrChoke said:

This means that we cannot apply changes to the entities for these types of spawns.

LivingSpawnEvent.CheckSpawn is used to determine if an Entity can naturally spawn. Anything forced like the summon command or a spawn egg isn't confined to this. If you need to change something about an entity that is not your creation use the EntityJoinWorldEvent or EntityConstructingEvent.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

OK, check them both out.  EntityConstructing is called in the "Entity" class base constructor, so its before any other one.  Seems like that is only good if you want to modify something on Entity only, not any sub-class.  EntityJoinWorld however is perfect.  It is called after the entity is built and called for natural spawn, command spawn and spawn egg.  Thanks!

4 hours ago, Spaceboy Ross said:

Use LivingSpawnEvent as the actual event argument is what you need to use for checking when a living entity spawns.

No, the problem he had was different. The LivingSpawnEvent is only intended for "natural" spawning. Any spawning that is controlled by the player (command or spawn egg) has no event. As mentioned above he has already solved the problem and is using the more general EntityJoinedWorldEvent.

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/