Can't create basic project to modding

DevilRiseAgain

15 minutes ago, DevilRiseAgain said:

I want just to decompile, edit, and compile it back

We do not support jar mods here. Either that or you are extremely confused as to how mods work in general. Normal mods do not edit the game's base code and they certainly don't redistribute recompiled minecraft classes.

Could you tell us step-by-step what have you done so far to try and get a working workspace?

Just now, V0idWa1k3r said:

Could you tell us step-by-step what have you done so far to try and get a working workspace?

First i'm installed Idea. Setup and config forge in several folder, " .\gradlew setupDecompWorkspace" & " .\gradlew ". Next step was extracting it into folder with my project. And i cant use "Block" class in the Idea. Next i download eclipse, Setup workspace and moved folder with forge in workspace folder. Runed "gradlew SetupDecompWorkspace" "gradlew eclipce" and now have that you can see in screensshots

3 minutes ago, DevilRiseAgain said:

Setup and config forge in several folder, " .\gradlew setupDecompWorkspace" & " .\gradlew ". Next step was extracting it into folder with my project.

By several folder I assume you mean seperate folder? What do you mean extracting it into a folder with your project? You can import the project into your workspace, but you can’t move the files/folders around, you need to work on the project in the folder that you used gradlew in

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

14 minutes ago, DevilRiseAgain said:

Setup and config forge in several folder, " .\gradlew setupDecompWorkspace" & " .\gradlew ".

Next step was extracting it into folder with my project.

So... you ran the gradlew task and then extracted a fresh MDK into your project folder? That seems incorrect... Also you do not need to run gradle with no tasks.

Try doing this:

1. Download and extract MDK into a folder.
  2. Open IntelliJ
  3. Click File -> Open
  4. Navigate to your folder and click OK. Click OK in the popup dialog, making sure that "Create separate module per source set" is selected.
  5. Wait for Build: Sync to finish.
  6. Mouse over a square icon in the bottom left of IDEA and select Gradle from the dropdown.
  7. Open Tasks -> forgegradle.
  8. Double-click on setupDecompWorkspace
  9. Wait for the process to be done.
  10. Optionally run genIntellijRuns. If you don't run this you will need to create the run configurations yourself. Main classes are GradleStart and GradleStartServer.
  11. After the tasks are done click Refresh all Gradle projects button(looks like 2 circular arrows in the top right, next to the + and - signs)
  12. Now you can start modding. Do not move any files/folders around! This sets up the workspace in the folder where you extracted the MDK.
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements