setEntityBoundingBox not working...

Discult

Hello i am trying to make a bounding box that is 0.5 width, 1.5 height and 1 length. but when i do setEntityBounding box it doest work sets it to the default size bounding box. only thing i can do that works is setSize but that makes the width and length the same size. how can i fix this.

The entity bounding boxes need to have the same length and width (i.e. square base). I believe this is to simplify path-finding. Similarly note that the bounding box never rotates even when the model does, so it wouldn't be that helpful even if you could specify different values.

EDIT: Also the setEntityBoundingBox() method set's the actual box in the world meaning the values of the box would be related to the entity position. If the size was 2.0 wide and the entity is at x position of 300 then the bounding box would go from 299 to 301.

You shouldn't ever use the setEntityBoundingBox() method as it is meant for updating the position of the bounding box based on the size and position.

Edited by jabelar
  • Like 1

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/