Make Entity behave like Player?

Busti

Hello,

how can I make an Entity behave like EntityPlayer so experience will flow to it?

Or is there an other (easyer) way to realize this?

I am looking forward to an answer.

Busti

Sorry for my bad English

PM's regarding modding questions should belong in the Modder Support sub-forum and won't be answered.

experience is an entity that goes to the player.

if the experience entity hits the player, the player will have a value added to a float hardcoded into the Player, value given by the experience orb entity. this will make a certain variable change, and the player's xp bar will be changed depending on how much got added.

all you have to do is make a new entity, and hardcode into your entity (aka: copy paste) the player's ways of adding exp.

Hello,

I already tried that but in the XPOrb class is the EntityPlayer.class the only defined target for the XP orb.

So i thought that i can make the XP orb "think" that my entity is a player and whan it is in a special radius of my Entity i would set it death and add 1 to an internal variable of my entity.

PM's regarding modding questions should belong in the Modder Support sub-forum and won't be answered.