• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• What are the alternatives to net.minecraft.launchwrapper.IClassTransformer in 1.15.2
    • I tried doing that, but im a bit confused on whether or not I need to make a readNBT and writeNBT for it. Do you need NBT data for an inventory not attached to an item? My code is here (Check the MCap fork) if you want to take a look. Right now it produces a nullpointerexception because of the readNBT function, and I can't figure out how to fix it.
    • Hello, As the title said I'm a Spigot Developer who wants to start developing mods, I have gradle setup and everything is good. But I have no idea where to start, I thought Spigot experience would make it easier but I was so wrong, it's a lot different. My desire was to make features from hacked clients for experience, I searched up modding tutorials and they all just explain how to make custom items, blocks, etc etc. I then just left it at that and tried working on simple features, I tried to make Fly, couldn't understand what I should do, then I tried to make easier ideas for example AutoEat and AutoSprint, but I couldn't make them as well. I just have no idea where to start, I thought I would just need events for these features something like: Hunger/Saturation Event for AutoEat, or PlayerMoveEvent for AutoSprint but it's not the same as Spigot. I tried looking up online Forge JavaDocs, and it explains just how to make simple events, it doesn't show all the events, searched up the list of events on google and I couldn't even find them. So how do you start? it seems way harder to develop mods than plugins, since the JavaDocs is so poor with it's content, and there are significantly way less resources online.
    • I'm just starting out modding and I'm trying to make just a basic tile entity, however I'm getting an error "Cannot resolve constructor 'DarkFurnaceTileEntity'", below are my registry class and the aforementioned tile entity class, any ideas? Tile entity: https://pastebin.com/Pzc54Jmh Registry: https://pastebin.com/hBhRAS7U
    • Previous time I've tried to make this mod, I tried to start with this. the problem is, this event is not called, if you're using 1st perspective view (default one). But I want for player to see entity from any perspective. Of cource, I solved this problem with overriding one more event - something about GUI. But this requires twice as much render methods, and separate matrixStack transformations - GUI matrix at start is bound to camera pos and rotation, when RenderPlayerEvent just to PlayerEntity's position. But yeah, that rendered without any shaking and so on. How would I get it? Should I store last tick pos separately, because It looks like Entity.lastTickPos- variables store position at begining of current tick. Actually, I don't really get how Entity.prevPos- and Entity.lastTickPos- differ - as I can see, the only place they are reassigned is Entity#forceSetPosition(double x, double y, double z), and here is reassignment: this.prevPosX = x; this.prevPosY = y; this.prevPosZ = z; this.lastTickPosX = x; this.lastTickPosY = y; this.lastTickPosZ = z; ... Isn't it what I've done here?: Or again, should I calculate speed by myself? How would I do that? Also, using owner's motion gets less jumping than using it's own motion, I suspect no matter what it's motion is always 0, despite I'm calling MyEntity.setMotion(owner.getMotion()); every tick on both client and server.   EDIT: And where can I see minecraft doing this things? None of renderers are handling that, they're just using matrixStack to render what they need, not even calling entity#getMotion(). Should I use some event?
  • Topics

• Who's Online (See full list)