[1.12.2] Trying to spawn a bunch of entities when a player travels to my dimension

stepsword

So basically I'm trying to spawn like 100 (or so) custom entities near the player when a player switches to a custom dimension. I've tried spawning them after my teleporter code and also in onPlayerAdded() in the WorldProvider. Only about 5 of the 100 actually show up. I tested the method for a player teleporting within the dimension, and it spawned the 100 entities, so I'm fairly confident the spawning thing works, but can't seem to get it working when the player comes to the dimension from another world.

I've tried doing it both on the client and server, as well as just the server. Is there a way to wait til after the dimension loads and/or after the chunk loads before spawning them? 

15 minutes ago, stepsword said:

So basically I'm trying to spawn like 100 (or so) custom entities near the player when a player switches to a custom dimension. I've tried spawning them after my teleporter code and also in onPlayerAdded() in the WorldProvider. Only about 5 of the 100 actually show up. I tested the method for a player teleporting within the dimension, and it spawned the 100 entities, so I'm fairly confident the spawning thing works, but can't seem to get it working when the player comes to the dimension from another world.

I've tried doing it both on the client and server, as well as just the server. Is there a way to wait til after the dimension loads and/or after the chunk loads before spawning them? 

It might be a little tricky. What you'll have to do is set a flag(probably an integer) store it somewhere like the player. Set it to 0 when the player enters the dimension and spawn entities in one of the chunk loading events.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.