My forge 1.14.4 installer won't open at all

Joe_Mamma421

When ever I open (using the run command, double clicking, or right clicking then clicking open) my forge 1.14.4 installer (not universal) file it ,for a split second opens a black, blank text box then closes, no error message or evidence it opened, whenever I open it and manage to click the box before it goes away, I'd type one letter and the box would go away. so I am lost on what to do, i've tried looking through the internet for help for about 2 hours to no avail and i've redownloaded the file AND java multiple times. Don't know how to upload an image via URL to show

When I press tab its like I hit space about 15 times, make a gap

If i make a new folder and put the file in it how would i enter that into the command prompt

this is unnecessary but would i be able to use a program to let you into my computer, because i'm a total idiot right now, and you know what to do

Edited by Joe_Mamma421

This worked! To anyone wanting a simplified version, go to what ever file your forge installer is in (for me it was my downloads), and then type "cmd" (only cmd no "") in the file explorer bar (as shown in one of the pictures above). Then proceed to type in SPECIFICALLY in the box pulled up: java -jar forge (once you have typed forge without a space after it, hit tab and it should pop up as the correct download as long as you haven't downloaded multiple forges). If you HAVE downloaded multiple forges just hit tab until the correct installer version comes up! Hopefully this saves people the confusion of reading that conversation.