Custom Glass Pane

ashtonr12

i am trying to create a custom glass pane which only connects to custom blocks

however this method in BlockPane which i am extending is final so i cannot or do not know how to overwrite it,

public final boolean canThisPaneConnectToThisBlockID(int par1)
    {
        return Block.opaqueCubeLookup[par1] || par1 == this.blockID || par1 == Block.glass.blockID;
    }

P.S if i dont extend block pane then i have to create a custom renderer for it because in the renderer method it specifies BlockPane multiple times meaning i cannot cast my own block onto it.

Use examples, i have aspergers.

Examples make sense to me.

i am trying to create a custom glass pane which only connects to custom blocks

however this method in BlockPane which i am extending is final so i cannot or do not know how to overwrite it,

{
        return Block.opaqueCubeLookup[par1] || par1 == this.blockID || par1 == Block.glass.blockID;
    }

P.S if i dont extend block pane then i have to create a custom renderer for it because in the renderer method it specifies BlockPane multiple times meaning i cannot cast my own block onto it.

Use examples, i have aspergers.

Examples make sense to me.

You could instead of extending BlockPane just try to set the bounding box based on the State of the Block. Like they did it in BlockHalfSlab.

public void setBlockBoundsBasedOnState(IBlockAccess par1IBlockAccess, int par2, int par3, int par4)

PM's regarding modding questions should belong in the Modder Support sub-forum and won't be answered.

You could instead of extending BlockPane just try to set the bounding box based on the State of the Block. Like they did it in BlockHalfSlab.

public void setBlockBoundsBasedOnState(IBlockAccess par1IBlockAccess, int par2, int par3, int par4)

PM's regarding modding questions should belong in the Modder Support sub-forum and won't be answered.

{

}

Why not change it to:

{

return Block.opaqueCubeLookup[par1] || par1 == this.blockID || par1 == Block.glass.blockID || par1 == YOURMOD.YOURBLOCK.blockID|| par1 == YOURMOD.YOURBLOCK.blockID;

}

{

}

Why not change it to:

{

return Block.opaqueCubeLookup[par1] || par1 == this.blockID || par1 == Block.glass.blockID || par1 == YOURMOD.YOURBLOCK.blockID|| par1 == YOURMOD.YOURBLOCK.blockID;

}