[SOLVED][1.14.4]Pack files within a mod jar and extract them

tebreca

So I was trying to get a few files unpacked into a subfolder within the Minecraft profile. I got the folder and such working, but I didn't want to write an API for fetching the files from my file server. As the files may differ between versions of my mod. So I decided to just pack them in the jar,  which works fine, but like I expected the following line of code doesn't work.

InputStream inputStream = FolderManager.class.getResourceAsStream("files.json");

I figured this had to do with the fact that the mods are programmatically loaded in.

Is there an easy way for me to access these files I packed? I will make this API for the long term, but unless there's no alternative I'm not yet planning on making it.

Thanks

Edited by tebreca
added solved tag

I placed the file in the resources folder, it showed up in the jar when I opened it up with WinZip.

this is what happens while debugging. I got the same error when running it in a client with the jar compiled, may that make a difference with runClient.image.png.7f58fee4399890c0bf5ad1a4defd71e2.png

41 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

Read the documentation for Class#getResourceAsStream. You did not provide an absolute path, so it will look in the current package. 

oh ok, thanks! I should've done that before asking here, my bad