Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

1.12.2 preserving mod ids per mod update

Cilka

Hi, 

I recently reworked a fair bit of my mod to read in data from an XML file. Reason doing so was that I wanted a better way to add blocks for a mod that had over 1000+ objects and counting. In doing so, I shifted my block ids. If I update a world with existing blocks, it will possibly remove the mod blocks. I have an idea that may work, but it is flawed, and will not work the mod is grouped in an existing mod pack that already has blocks ids in place of my block ids. My initial plan was to run the mod, register the blocks as normal, then in the post initialization phase, build a map of block name and id, save that to a file to the assets folder. When I run the mod again, I'll do a check for the file and use that to determine the order of how the blocks are registered. I'm really stumped on this problem, and was hoping anyone more experienced that I am would point me in the right direction. 

EDIT:

Please ignore this post. When I was checking in my old world I noticed blocks were missing, which made me suspect that had something to do with the ids. The main cause was that I used the wrong set of data for my XML data. When it processed to generate the blocks I got a null pointer from the bad data. All is good now.

Edited by Cilka
Solved my problem

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Buttons are client side only, you must send a packet to the server saying "this button was pressed."
    • Hello, I came to ask you to help me how to fix the crash at the beginning of the launch I tried to check the modpack via curseforge, I reinstalled java, I reinstalled the modpack and also I erased the cache folder of Minecraft launcher. No resolution of the problem.   The error is showing this:  "The game crashed whilst initializing game Error: java.lang.NullPointerException: Initializing game Exit code: -1" I made a pastebin link for you to see, here is the pastebin link: https://pastebin.com/dpEnzy01  
    • hi guys, i need help  with tileentitys. i have a button in my tileentity and i want if i press the butten, a function should be called up in the in the tileentityclass.  More precisely said the brewBlackout() class my Init in the Screen: @Override protected void init() { this.addButton(new ImageButton(this.guiLeft + 10, this.height + 30, 20, 18, 0, 0, 19, CONTINUE_BUTTON, (button) -> { ((ImageButton)button).setPosition(this.guiLeft + 20, this.height / 2 - 49); })); } and my tileentity package net.the_goldbeards.lootdebugs.tileentity; import net.minecraft.block.BlockState; import net.minecraft.item.ItemStack; import net.minecraft.item.Items; import net.minecraft.nbt.CompoundNBT; import net.minecraft.tileentity.*; import net.minecraftforge.common.capabilities.Capability; import net.minecraftforge.common.util.LazyOptional; import net.minecraftforge.items.CapabilityItemHandler; import net.minecraftforge.items.IItemHandler; import net.minecraftforge.items.ItemStackHandler; import net.the_goldbeards.lootdebugs.init.ModBlocks; import net.the_goldbeards.lootdebugs.init.ModItems; import net.the_goldbeards.lootdebugs.init.ModTileEntities; import javax.annotation.Nonnull; public class PubTile extends TileEntity implements ITickableTileEntity { private final ItemStackHandler itemHandler = createHandler(); private final LazyOptional<IItemHandler> handler = LazyOptional.of(() -> itemHandler); public PubTile(TileEntityType<?> tileEntityTypeIn) { super(tileEntityTypeIn); } public PubTile() { this(ModTileEntities.PUB_TILE.get()); } @Override public void read(BlockState state, CompoundNBT nbt) { itemHandler.deserializeNBT(nbt.getCompound("pub")); super.read(state, nbt); } @Override public CompoundNBT write(CompoundNBT compound) { compound.put("pub", itemHandler.serializeNBT()); return super.write(compound); } private ItemStackHandler createHandler() { return new ItemStackHandler(6) { @Override protected void onContentsChanged(int slot) { brewBlackout(); markDirty(); } @Override public boolean isItemValid(int slot, @Nonnull ItemStack stack) { switch (slot) { case 0: return stack.getItem() == Items.WATER_BUCKET || stack.getItem() == Items.BUCKET;//Water Insert case 1: return stack.getItem() == Items.REDSTONE;//Barley Bulb case 2: return stack.getItem() == Items.WARPED_DOOR;// Yeast Cone case 3: return stack.getItem() == Items.MAGENTA_BANNER;//Malz Stars case 4: return stack.getItem() == ModItems.BARLEY_BULB.get();//Starch Nut case 5: return stack.getItem() == ModItems.MUG.get() || stack.getItem() == ModItems.OILY_OAF.get() || stack.getItem() == ModItems.SKULL_CRUSHER.get() || stack.getItem() == ModItems.OILY_OAF.get();//Output -> Mug or Mug with Liquid default: return false; } } @Override protected int getStackLimit(int slot, @Nonnull ItemStack stack) { if (slot == 5) { return 1; } if (slot == 0) { return 5; } else { return 64; } } @Nonnull @Override public ItemStack insertItem(int slot, @Nonnull ItemStack stack, boolean simulate) { if (!isItemValid(slot, stack)) { return stack; } return super.insertItem(slot, stack, simulate); } }; } @Nonnull @Override public <T> LazyOptional<T> getCapability(@Nonnull Capability<T> cap) { if (cap == CapabilityItemHandler.ITEM_HANDLER_CAPABILITY) { return handler.cast(); } return super.getCapability(cap); } public void brewBlackout() { boolean isWaterInSlot = this.itemHandler.getStackInSlot(0).getCount() == 1 && this.itemHandler.getStackInSlot(0).getItem() == Items.WATER_BUCKET; boolean isMugInSlot = this.itemHandler.getStackInSlot(5).getCount() == 1 && this.itemHandler.getStackInSlot(5).getItem() == ModItems.MUG.get(); boolean isIngredients = this.itemHandler.getStackInSlot(4).getCount() >= 3 && this.itemHandler.getStackInSlot(4).getItem() == ModItems.BARLEY_BULB.get(); if (isMugInSlot && isIngredients && isWaterInSlot) { this.itemHandler.getStackInSlot(0).shrink(1); this.itemHandler.insertItem(0, new ItemStack(Items.BUCKET, 1), false); this.itemHandler.getStackInSlot(4).shrink(3); this.itemHandler.getStackInSlot(5).shrink(1); this.itemHandler.insertItem(5, new ItemStack(ModBlocks.OILY_OAF.get(), 1), false); } } /* private void craft() { Inventory inv = new Inventory(itemHandler.getSlots()); for (int i = 0; i < itemHandler.getSlots(); i++) { inv.setInventorySlotContents(i, itemHandler.getStackInSlot(i)); } Optional<PubRecipe> recipe = world.getRecipeManager() .getRecipe(ModRecipeTypes.PUB_RECIPE, inv, world); recipe.ifPresent(iRecipe -> { ItemStack output = iRecipe.getRecipeOutput(); craftTheItem(output); markDirty(); }); } private void craftTheItem(ItemStack output) { itemHandler.extractItem(0, 1,false); itemHandler.insertItem(0, new ItemStack(Items.BUCKET,1),false); } */ @Override public void tick() { // if(world.isRemote) // {return;} // craft(); }  
    • Check your entity renderer. Did you make a custom model? Did you properly place your textures in the resources?
  • Topics

• Who's Online (See full list)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy.