[1.14.4] Is there a way to recycle Mod Renderers or Models?

Keheck

I want to create a mod that adds mobs with wich you can fight other people (I call those mobs "Fighters"), like in Pokemon, with the difference that this mod uses mobs from the vanilla version and other mods that choose to add thier own fighters.

Now, if I were to add a renderer, model and mob class that represents one mob that exists in vanilla, I don't know if I can run into issues like a lack of memory (especially if other mods implement my mod), so I wanted to use only one entity and renderer that represents all fighters, and when the mob get's spawned the renderer reads from that mob (like an ID or something) and pulls out the correct model and renders it.

If that explanation was a bit confusing, here is a flowchart of how I want the render process to be.

Flowchart.png

Edited by Keheck

6 hours ago, Keheck said:

I don't know if I can run into issues like a lack of memory (especially if other mods implement my mod), so I wanted to use only one entity and renderer that represents all fighters, and when the mob get's spawned the renderer reads from that mob (like an ID or something) and pulls out the correct model and renders it.

I think you are worrying over nothing to be honest. Adding extra classes is little to no RAM really.

Also you wouldn't want to be querying a database every frame, so you would have to cache parts of the database. Also you wouldn't want to send a request to a server during a render call, so the database file would need to be stored locally, now you would also not want to query the database during a render call either. Therefore the database would already be loaded up into memory anyway defeating the purpose of having it. Because now we have an Entity, Model, and "Model Data" instead of Entity, Model, and Renderer. 

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.