Client Crash on startup (MC 1.15.2 & Forge 31.1.45)

AndresDR

I get the following error in a similar GUI than the one attached when trying to start up my client:

Mod File Bountiful-1.15.2-3.1.0.jar needs language provider kotlinfml:1 or above to load We have found none

The debug.log: https://pastebin.com/8JU62Yia

I checked the page for Bountiful on forge, they do not list any dependencies. So I checked Google, what the error could mean and there were a lot of topic on how to make your own mods using kotlin, but no topics I could make any sense of that fixed my problem. Then I checked this forum, but all topics that include some part of my querry were outdated. I guess from the error I have to install something extra, but my question is what and how?

Thanks in advance,

AndresDR

Edited by AndresDR
Unrelated screenshot

11 minutes ago, AndresDR said:

I get the following error in a similar GUI than the one attached

You shouldn't post a screenshot if it's not yours for something like this. Just saying, it's misleading and doesn't really help.

So I'm not 100% sure what's going on, but scanning through the debug.log this caught my eye:

[16Apr2020 11:20:34.641] [main/ERROR] [net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.LanguageLoadingProvider/]: Missing language kotlinfml version [1,) wanted by Bountiful-1.15.2-3.1.0.jar

[16Apr2020 11:20:35.086] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [org.antlr.v4.runtime.ConsoleErrorListener:syntaxError:38]: line 36:0 token recognition error at: 'S'

[16Apr2020 11:20:35.086] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [org.antlr.v4.runtime.ConsoleErrorListener:syntaxError:38]: line 36:1 token recognition error at: 'pa'

[16Apr2020 11:20:35.086] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [org.antlr.v4.runtime.ConsoleErrorListener:syntaxError:38]: line 36:3 token recognition error at: 'w'

[16Apr2020 11:20:35.087] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [org.antlr.v4.runtime.ConsoleErrorListener:syntaxError:38]: line 36:4 token recognition error at: 'n'

[16Apr2020 11:20:35.087] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [org.antlr.v4.runtime.ConsoleErrorListener:syntaxError:38]: line 36:5 token recognition error at: 'e'

[16Apr2020 11:20:35.088] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [org.antlr.v4.runtime.ConsoleErrorListener:syntaxError:38]: line 36:6 token recognition error at: 'r'

[16Apr2020 11:20:35.088] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [org.antlr.v4.runtime.ConsoleErrorListener:syntaxError:38]: line 36:8 token recognition error at: 'N'

[16Apr2020 11:20:35.089] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [org.antlr.v4.runtime.ConsoleErrorListener:syntaxError:38]: line 36:9 token recognition error at: 'B'

[16Apr2020 11:20:35.089] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [org.antlr.v4.runtime.ConsoleErrorListener:syntaxError:38]: line 36:10 token recognition error at: 'T'

So, Bountiful is generating an error, and if you notice the subsequent errors about token recognition errors, the tokens it is complaining about spell out "SpawnerNBT". Unfortunately I can't tell where it's coming from/what is causing it. Thing still seem to keep going after this though. Then:

[16Apr2020 11:20:49.399] [Render thread/FATAL] [net.minecraftforge.fml.ModLoader/CORE]: Error during pre-loading phase

net.minecraftforge.fml.ModLoadingException: Mod File Bountiful-1.15.2-3.1.0.jar needs language provider kotlinfml:1 or above to load

§7We have found none

So, I would remove the Bountiful mod, as it appears it is using Kotlin, which I am not familiar with at all. I believe it's another language that runs in the Java JVM maybe? But it looks like you not having a Kotlin language provider for the JVM is what is making it crash.

*edit: Sorry, just realized you noticed the Kotlin thing, I was distracted by your completely unrelated screenshot. A quick google search: https://kotlinlang.org/docs/reference/faq.html

Edited by Ugdhar
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Ugdhar said:

You shouldn't post a screenshot if it's not yours for something like this. Just saying, it's misleading and doesn't really help.

Sorry, I tried getting a screenshot of my client, but for some reason every time I tried to take one, it gave me the default startup screen