[1.15.2] Can you make server configs non-save specific

squidlex

As my server config is world save specific, is there anyway modpack creators can create a default one for any world created with my mod installed?

I've seen alot of people use common configs but I don't think they sync across the server and client.

Thank you!

Client, Common, and Server I think is being misinterpreted between logical and physical. The configs refer to the logical side. When deciding between common and server configs on the physical side, the Common/Server configs take precedent on the physical server while client configs will take precedent on the physical client only. In your case, configs are world save specific on physical servers since only one config is available for any one physical server. Physical clients will have one config for many worlds since its all hosted on one device.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, ChampionAsh5357 said:

The configs refer to the logical side.

I'd completely misunderstood how they work, thank you so much for the clarification :)

29 minutes ago, ChampionAsh5357 said:

Common/Server configs take precedent on the physical server

So if I wanted a config that would apply to all worlds, and be read from the physical server over the physical client I could use common?

Thanks for your in-depth answer I really appreciate it.