Cannot install forge

zaphodikus

I downloaded an installer from minecraftforged.com , is that the correct download location?

The installer fails - it's tripping over my AV.

A bit like this thread https://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/topic/16806-forge-does-it-have-viruses/

Ikay so why did I get to that side from a youtube link - some lazy kid posted on their howto video?

I have just scanned the file - it's lotally loaded with crap.

Why is nobody taking that site down? Very confused about what has gone wrong with minecraft in the last few years, not played for ages, and now I get this when I come back.

7 minutes ago, zaphodikus said:

Ikay so why did I get to that side from a youtube link - some lazy kid posted on their howto video?

I have just scanned the file - it's lotally loaded with crap.

Why is nobody taking that site down? Very confused about what has gone wrong with minecraft in the last few years, not played for ages, and now I get this when I come back.

Yeah, it's a huge problem, and a lot of the sites are hosted in places that don't care about rules/laws, and/or they can't be enforced. https://stopmodreposts.org/index.html has a list of sites that are bad and more information on the topic.

wow 3 bad domains in on night, and nobody takes these guys down. Are there any more I need to be aware of?

I have literally wasted a whole night now because I have to clean up too. ah well, someone has to start somewhere. ? Thanks for the pointers.