Workaround for Forge bug?

Hi, not sure whether this should go here or in Modder support but since it involves a Forge bug I thought I should post it here.

I'm encountering a bug in my mod where the texture loading goes on an infinite loop caused by

java.lang.RuntimeException: One of more entry values did not copy to the correct id.

I've done some googling and it looks like I'm being affected by issue 6592, where the Forge loops texture loading if IllegalStateException is thrown by the vanilla particle engine.

Now the problem that I personally have is that I don't know what I've done that causes this problem, nor how to fix it. I searched for an IllegalStateException in the logs, but didn't find them.

The info post says I need to include logs, so here they are. (paste.ee link). This isn't a crash log as Minecraft didn't crash per se, but it's a game log with debug-level logging turned on.

1 hour ago, CmdrNorthpaw said:

Also, good idea about updating Forge. Do I just download the MDK and extract it to my code directory?

You can just edit your build.gradle, open it up and

First update mappings: change the line similar to this:

mappings channel: 'snapshot', version: '20200413-1.15.1'

by changing the date in the version part to be yesterday or today. Leave the -1.15.1 at the end of it.

Then, update the forge version by finding the line similar to this:

minecraft 'net.minecraftforge:forge:1.15.2-31.1.44'

And change the forge version to be the latest (or whatever never version) as shown on files.minecraftforge.net

Save it, then refresh your gradle project, and it should update everything for you. Depending on the mappings you've used, you may have to fix a minor things where methods got named, but it shouldn't be a big deal.

*edit: You don't want to just extract a new MDK over on top of your project, it would overwrite your build.gradle, mods.toml, and possibly other files you have customized you wouldn't want overwritten.

Edited by Ugdhar