[SOLVED] [1.15.2] Resize/Remove Hitbox

DrViruss

I have already implemented a system like this in 1.14.4, and am working on porting it to 1.15.2. From your post and your account age, my impression is that you don't understand much of what is necessary to do this. Here is an example of what it ended up looking like for me when I tried. It required a lot of coremodding, including rewriting the raytracing methods to account for rotated AABBs. I would like to further mention that "AABB" stands for axis-aligned bounding box, and there was a lot of vector math required to get things to trace these oxymorons. I would not recommend to new people to try adding this feature.

To actually answer your question, you would need to do these things:

1. Coremod the GameRenderer (if I remember right) to enable custom client tracing logic.
  2. Create some sort of RotatedAABB (I used a wrapped AABB that rotated the input and output tracing vectors)
  3. Rotate these correctly to the relevant entities during the trace call.
  4. If you want custom behavior based on where the attack hits, you need to send that information either before the vanilla attack packet, or in place of the vanilla attack packet.
  5. Profit
  • Thanks 1

Have you ever want the new operator to return a type that you didn't ask for? Well, now you can!

• DrViruss changed the title to [SOLVED] [1.15.2] Resize/Remove Hitbox