[ Launcher ] Trying to create a launcher / Forge Mods not loading

OverSpeed301

Hello all ! :)

Today i'm creating a launcher for me and my other friends. The launcher is very simple, just enter MC informations and click "Connect".

Everything works normally, but Forge doesn't load mods from the good folder.

For my mods, i've created a new folder : %APPDATA%\.custom\152\ (with instMods, mods etc ...) but Forge loads mods from .minecraft\mods\. Is there a argument to make forge choosing the good mods folder ? (in my case %APPDATA%\.custom\152).

Thanks by advance !

OverSpeed301.

I fear you have to mod FML itself, because config and mods dir names are hardcoded:

https://github.com/MinecraftForge/FML/blob/master/common/cpw/mods/fml/common/Loader.java

private void initializeLoader()
{
        File modsDir = new File(minecraftDir, "mods");
        File configDir = new File(minecraftDir, "config");

I searched this some time ago, because i wanted to try to change the way FML loads the mods.

See ya!

No you just need to specify the minecraft directory like any other launcher out there does.

Go take a look at some of the open source launchers and figure out how they do it.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Hello LexManos and Ariath,

Thanks for your replies ! :)

@Ariath : this is a possibility, but i don't like to modify directly the FML code :/

@LexManos : yes, i have read the MultiMC source code, and others source codes (like Technic Launcher ...)

The problem is partially solved. I have added this line :

System.setProperty("minecraft.applet.TargetDirectory", Util.getWorkingDirectory().toString()); // getWorkingDirectory : return the folder where my launcher have downloaded files, so it's good

When i launch the launcher in Eclipse, this works very well, no error messages ... but, when i create the Runnable JAR and when I click to the "Connect" button, this error message appears :

2013-05-21 18:15:29 [sEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] Found unknown applet parent net.mi
necraft.Launcher, unable to inject!

2013-05-21 18:15:29 [iNFO] [sTDERR] Exception in thread "Thread-5" java.lang.Run
timeException: java.lang.RuntimeException
2013-05-21 18:15:29 [iNFO] [sTDERR]     at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLRelauncher
.relaunchApplet(FMLRelauncher.java:287)
2013-05-21 18:15:29 [iNFO] [sTDERR]     at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLRelauncher
.appletEntry(FMLRelauncher.java:229)
2013-05-21 18:15:29 [iNFO] [sTDERR]     at net.minecraft.client.MinecraftApplet.
init(MinecraftApplet.java:25)
2013-05-21 18:15:29 [iNFO] [sTDERR]     at net.minecraft.Launcher.replace(Launch
er.java:146)
2013-05-21 18:15:29 [iNFO] [sTDERR]     at net.minecraft.Launcher$1.run(Launcher
.java:90)
2013-05-21 18:15:29 [iNFO] [sTDERR] Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException
.relaunchApplet(FMLRelauncher.java:282)
2013-05-21 18:15:29 [iNFO] [sTDERR]     ... 4 more

Thanks for your replies ! :)

Ugh just use our damn launcher:

https://github.com/MinecraftForge/FML/blob/master/conf/patches/Start.java

You're gunna have to change the obfusicated field name but im going to assume you atleast know how to do that.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon