Subblocks with metadata and names

dex3r

Hi! I am trying to make subblock with same ID but different metadata. Wiki tutorial http://www.minecraftforge.net/wiki/Metadata_Based_Subblocks and all tutorials I have found on the Internet are using LanguageRegistry.addName(ItemStack, String). Declaration of .addName looks like it doesnt care about metadata, but anyway... I have something like this for testing:

for (int i = 0; i < 16; i++) 
	{
		ItemStack wireStack = new ItemStack(wire, 1, i);
		LanguageRegistry.addName(wireStack, i + " wire");
	}

In game I got "15 wire" for every metadata. So how to do it, becouse I have no clue? If there only was someting like

public String getBlockDisplayName(ItemStack par1ItemStack)

insinde Block class just like it is in the Item class...

//I'm using .722 build

Wherever you do your languageregistry you want something like this:

GameRegistry.registerBlock(rpDecorBlocks, ItemRPDecorBlocks.class, "Silvania" + (rpDecorBlocks.getUnlocalizedName().substring(5)));
            LanguageRegistry.addName(new ItemStack(rpDecorBlocks, 1, 0), "Calcite");
            LanguageRegistry.addName(new ItemStack(rpDecorBlocks, 1, 1), "Graphite");
            LanguageRegistry.addName(new ItemStack(rpDecorBlocks, 1, 2), "Calcite Bricks");
            LanguageRegistry.addName(new ItemStack(rpDecorBlocks, 1, 3), "Graphite Cobblestone");
            LanguageRegistry.addName(new ItemStack(rpDecorBlocks, 1, 4), "Graphite Bricks");
            LanguageRegistry.addName(new ItemStack(rpDecorBlocks, 1, 5), "Chiseled Graphite Brick");
            LanguageRegistry.addName(new ItemStack(rpDecorBlocks, 1, 6), "Graphite Paver");
            LanguageRegistry.addName(new ItemStack(rpDecorBlocks, 1, 7), "Calcite Cobblestone");
            LanguageRegistry.addName(new ItemStack(rpDecorBlocks, 1, , "Chiseled Calcite Brick");
            LanguageRegistry.addName(new ItemStack(rpDecorBlocks, 1, 9), "Calcite Paver");

The two numbers are quantity and meta, obviously quantity should always be 1. Add or remove more lines as required for the amount you have

width=463 height=200

http://s13.postimg.org/z9mlly2av/siglogo.png[/img]

My mods (Links coming soon)

Cities | Roads | Remula | SilvaniaMod | MoreStats

Ok so looking through the code I have already figured out this:

Item.itemsList[wire.blockID] = new ItemBlockWire(wire.blockID - 256);

and inside ItemBlockWire I just used

public String getItemDisplayName(ItemStack par1ItemStack)

But you method is more correct - but I will still use getItemDisplayName since I have to create separate item class for colored blocks anyway. And about third parameter - what is correct way for mod-uniqe blocks name? "dex3r.tile.wire" or "dex3r.wire"?

Ok so looking through the code I have already figured out this:

Item.itemsList[wire.blockID] = new ItemBlockWire(wire.blockID - 256);

and inside ItemBlockWire I just used

public String getItemDisplayName(ItemStack par1ItemStack)

But you method is more correct - but I will still use getItemDisplayName since I have to create separate item class for colored blocks anyway. And about third parameter - what is correct way for mod-uniqe blocks name? "dex3r.tile.wire" or "dex3r.wire"?

The more elegant way to add the ItemBlock is to change your registry line from

GameRegistry.registerBlock(blockWire,"blockWire");

to

GameRegistry.registerBlock(blockWire,ItemBlockWire.class,"blockWire");

As for the correct unlocalized name... I wouldn't know anything about good practice. ;)

BEWARE OF GOD

---

Co-author of Pentachoron Labs' SBFP Tech.