• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• I guess I'm not as sneaky as I thought. XD I've searched everywhere to try to answer my questions before asking - so I'm not surprised that's ancient. I'm currently working with 1.16   My general idea was to allow 'mob grinding' without spawning the mob entities. Most of the modded servers I've played on are heavily impacted by mob spawning machines of all sorts, and I thought it would be worthwhile to create an interaction where a hopper below the spawner would just output drops until the hopper gets full and then stop.   It looks like LivingSpawnEvent is the right place to look. Thanks! I need to figure out what I'm looking at there.    
    • I need to make sure my understanding is correct.   Within a mod, I appreciate that 'things' (whatever that thing might be) are registered in order of Block, Item, <rest of the stuff in whatever order it happen>.   However, between mods, if one mod B is dependent on mod A, and is specified as such in mods.toml via ordering="AFTER", can I be confident that blocks from mod A will be registered before mod B registration begins?  That is, can mod B fetch mod A blocks and be confident they are registered?   I feel that's the whole point of indicating an order, but I've been caught by my own misinterpretations before.
    • I feel like you're asking a different question for something else's logic (maybe use item keybind), but it would be relatively difficult. You would need to use some sort of JVM witchery (reflection, AT, etc.) to manually set a value in MouseHelper.
    • That commit is over 6 years old, so I will have to ask what version is this for. Also, this makes little sense to me. Are you trying to stop a mob from spawning, grab it's drops, and immediately push to a hopper? If so, there is an event for that in latest called LivingSpawnEvent#CheckSpawn which has a result that you can prevent it from.
    • For a long time I've had this idea for what I assumed would be a very basic starter mod, but one I hadn't seen anyone create. Once I got Eclipse set up and started digging, I found out it may be harder than I thought. However, I still think it will be a worthwhile mod to pursue. I have more experience in Python, but I'm able to read and muddle through in Java.   I'm looking for a way to create an interaction between any spawner and a vanilla hopper without creating a full-fledged replacement for either. Ideally, it would work on modded spawners too. If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it.   The trouble I'm running into is that neither has a Forge event that I can find. diesieben07 wrote a pull request for adding a 'MobSpawnerSpawn' event, but it was rejected. If I were editing Minecraft core, I'd just modify the tick() methods. If it were Python, I'd just replace the 'tick' method with my own code at runtime.   I'm going to dig in to see if there is a place I can inject a simple replacement class, but I'm not optimistic. I may need to take a step back and look at an easier starting place for my modding debut. EDIT: I'm thinking it might be possible to tweak net.minecraft.world.spawner.AbstractSpawner to suit and then replace spawnerLogic in net.minecraft.tileentity.MobSpawnerTileEntity? I'm not sure how that is instantiated yet.  
  • Topics

• Who's Online (See full list)