Compiling a child mod

FlameAtronach93

I'm back!

I couldn't quite find any help on this one... I found a resource in the tutorial sections of this website, and browsed the reference used in that tutorial, but I don't need to set up my IDE for development rather than letting mcp know that there is a dependency and where to find it - without recompiling it along with my child mod. I could probably simply remove the respective output class files, but there ought to be a better, cleaner way...

Sincerely,

Flame

I'm back!

I couldn't quite find any help on this one... I found a resource in the tutorial sections of this website, and browsed the reference used in that tutorial, but I don't need to set up my IDE for development rather than letting mcp know that there is a dependency and where to find it - without recompiling it along with my child mod. I could probably simply remove the respective output class files, but there ought to be a better, cleaner way...

Sincerely,

Flame

Wait, what? Can you try explaining that more clearly? And what's the resource?

BEWARE OF GOD

---

Co-author of Pentachoron Labs' SBFP Tech.

Wait, what? Can you try explaining that more clearly? And what's the resource?

Tutorial / resource I found was this one: http://www.minecraftforge.net/wiki/Developing_Addons_for_Existing_Mods

Thing with this one is, it does not handle how to recompile your addon. I don't need to get the API or sources of the parent mod, because the parent mod is my own mod already in my workspace.

The problem I'm having is to recompile my child mod as mcp will throw errors and nag that classes (from my dependency mod) couldn't be found. I settled for now with recompiling both, my depedency and child mod, then deleting my child mod from the output, and only then reobfuscate solely my child mod.

It's working fine, but I think there should be an easier solution. And that's my question.

Hope I worded my problem more clearly this time. ;)