isolating saves to particular versions or directories

Hi forgers,

I have been creating versions and directories (in appdata) ok and my saved worlds stay put until I install forge and then the saves revert to the main .minecraft saves whether they were created in 152 or 161. Put another way: all versions created by me in the main .minecraft directory have the same list of saves whatever the mc version is.  If I create a new dir. say, <.minecraft forge> I can isolate a saved world there *until* I put forge into its jar, then I get the <.minecraft> saves

the version I create with the forge installer doesn't have this problem; the saves stay put. I've tried a heap of different dir.s and versions and orders of doing stuff. so the forge installer does something I haven't been able to reproduce with my clueless shotgun approach. I would appreciate any help. thanks

ed- this is for windows7, 3GB ram, java 7

(i'm new here so I hope this is in the right place and all)

Please do some research into the new launcher especially how it tells minecraft where it should look for this data.

We follow that exact same information as long as you tell Minecraft correctly where to look, FML will look there as well.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

thanks for answering, this must be a busy time, I get what you say about the launcher not pointing to the desired place.

I guess the launcher will be better in future, I have tried to get answers on the mcforum and googled a lot - but i'd really like to know what is it about the auto forge installer that does restrict saves to the version it creates - could you maybe make an auto installer for 152? I have no idea how much work would be involved for you; or tell me how to adapt the installer to 152? The jar created by the installer looks very different to the one made manually.

ed - took out a sentence that was in twice (I was tired ;))

Anyway, I'm being impatient I guess, Thanks again  :)

All the installer does is inject our universal jar into the libraries/net/minecraftforge/ folder

Extract our version.json file to /versions/{ForgeVersion}/{ForgeVersion}.json

Copy 1.6.1's jar from /versions/1.6.1/1.6.1.jar to /versions/{ForgeVersion}/{ForgeVersion}.jar

If it doesn't exist, creates the 'Forge' profile name.

And Updates the 'Forge' profile name to use the version it's installing.

As I said, we do nothing special in relation to save folder of anything like that.

We also don't so anything that you couldn't manually do yourself.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon