How to install mods to a Forge 1.6.1?

I have installed forge and I am starting up the Minecraft and selecting the forge profile, now trying to install Xray 1.6.1 but I cant seem to get it to see it or load it. How am I doing this wrong, and the only vids on mods is making a profile for each mod, so how do you put a slew of mods into a MC game?

OK, but if I am also trying to add other mods to this say something like assembly line for example, so do I put that in mods in the .minecraft folder or do I make a mods folder in the profile folder like in the videos on youtube. thats where I am getting confused.

you download the installer for forge and install it. then you make a mods folder in .minecraft. put the .zip file mod inside the mods folder. Open your launcher. When you open your launcher there is a button that says new profile. Name it whatever you want and where is says Use version, Choose Forge .........  Then boot up minecraft with that profile. You might have to login again. Then forge will boot up and there you go. A little tutorial on how to install forge and mods

Ok thanks I had to strip out my Minecraft because it had a mod folder and other stuff some how. but after reinstalling it, and running forge installer again, it put a forge profile for me in my launcher, and also put a mods folder in my .minecraft. and now its seeing the mods. Thank you for putting up with me. now to get IC2 to work.