Jump to content

My Recipe Won't Work


Recommended Posts

Heya, so I'm making a cutting board for turning meat into sliced meat and all that.  I have everything set up: The container, tile entity, gui, etc.  Everything is working fine, except for the fact that when I put beef into the first slot, nothing happens and nothing outputs.  I double and triple checked all the code and everything seems to be in line and I'm sure this is just a stupid error, but I'm not sure what to do about it.


Here's my the relevant files in my github (Containers, tile entities, serializers, recipes, etc) :








Sorry for pretty much having someone look over my work but maybe an extra set of eyes is just what I need.


Edit: You'll see some files not using upper camel case, sorry about that but it's not really my priority rn to fix it rn but I'll get around to organization once I get this problem sorted.

Edited by TheMajorN
Clarification on disorganization
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

You never register the DeferredRegister for recipe serializers to the event bus, as such your recipe serializer is not registered. You can see this in the console:


Ohhh my god I totally missed that.  Thanks for your help as always diesie.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey so sorry to bother again, but I registered it and everything and the recipe still isn't working for some reason.  I was reading through the console and the only thing that looked like was wrong with the recipe is that it wasn't categorized, but I don't think that would completely negate the recipe.  I updated the github to the most recent changes just in case I missed something else.  Sorry for the trouble.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OH! I didn't even realize I had a line of code in there that made it required to be powered by redstone.  I just got rid of that and everything is working mostly fine!  I also switched the progress bar from the foreground to background changed the x and y on it, and its in the right place and shows up.  The only problem is now that the progress bar cuts off at about 1/4 the way through, but I should be able to find and fix that.  I'll also take a look at the getRecipe method for simplificaiton.


Thank you so much for the help dude.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.