Full Block Identification

whatzhisface

Hello,

I'm new to making mods, but a long time programmer.

I'm making a mod currently and also adding it to a mod pack.

One of the mods in the modpack is causing an issue with stackable items.

Scenarios are:

1. Items won't stack and they are below their limit. ex limit 64. But we have a stack of 2 and a stack of 4 they won't combine. in that example, new items will stack on the 4 but not the 2 stack.

2. Behavior is completely random and affects all items in the game no matter what modpack or container they are in. 

3. If we break the stacks up in the 4 and two example, into 6 separate items, then try to restack them, they will only go back into their original stack and I end up with two stacks again (2 and 4)

4. 4 and 2 are just one example. the number doesn't mean anything. (13 and 1, 1 and 1, 1 and 4 and so on)

5. Unknown is HOW we got the items that won't stack. Likely scenario is a chest, lootbag, mob drop, etc.

My hunch is that one of the mods is modifying the characteristics of the item just enough to make it non-stackable, but we can't see what that is from the UI. I want to write a mod to give me all the information about a block, but I'm unsure where to start. 

Can you please give me a couple of calls/commands/whatever's that I could use to get the information I need. I'm not asking for hand-holding, just point me in the right direction.

Thanks!