Missing mods folder when starting forge server

sethchobrda

Hey guys :)

I'm quite new to this whole server thing, but I've decided I wanted to create a minecraft server for my friends and I on java. I started by making a vanilla server which worked fine, but then I deleted it to try and install a forge server so we could have fun with some mods.

I ran the forge installer and installed the server in a brand new folder on my desktop. When running the forge .jar however, it creates a log folder but not an EULA. The minecraft_server jar. creates the EULA and I can continue setting it up from there, but it runs a vanilla server and won't load mods. I'm not sure what's wrong, or why the forge jar. won't create a mods folder.

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you :)

Spoiler

[21Apr.2021 12:51:01.843] [main/INFO] [cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher/MODLAUNCHER]: ModLauncher running: args [--gameDir, ., --launchTarget, fmlserver, --fml.forgeVersion, 36.1.0, --fml.mcpVersion, 20210115.111550, --fml.mcVersion, 1.16.5, --fml.forgeGroup, net.minecraftforge]
[21Apr.2021 12:51:01.846] [main/INFO] [cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher/MODLAUNCHER]: ModLauncher 8.0.9+86+master.3cf110c starting: java version 16.0.1 by Oracle Corporation

I believe this is the log you're asking for, but correct me if i'm wrong. This is from the "latest" txt in the log folder that forge creates after running the jar. Thanks for the help btw!