Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

malorolam

Members
  • Content Count

    12
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About malorolam

  • Rank
    Tree Puncher

Converted

  • Gender
    Undisclosed
  • Personal Text
    Developer of Carbonization
  1. String s is the return from a function that takes in two files, one of which appears to be the main directory to the assets folder, the other appears to be the mod specific file locations, i.e. the <modname>/textures/blah part, all of which should normally return all lowercase. From what I see, if it throws the error it's because there is actually an error, and the basic Java file structure stuff broke somehow.
  2. Make sure that the file structure for your textures is: src\minecraft\assets\<modname>\textures\blocks/items/etc. there also should be a pack.mcmeta file in the textures folder for ResourceLocation(domain, filename), though I don't know why, I use the "domain:filename" form instead and things work alright. Also, while Forge /should/ recheck LanguageRegistry stuff after PreInit, it doesn't seem to be doing that in 761, so you need to move all the LanguageRegistry calls in your main mod file to PreInit for the texture loading functions to actually be called. That fixed all
  3. Inside the forge folder, after you've run the install script and let it do it's work, there should be a folder called mcp, which is the same folder structure as before, so just direct Eclipse to open the workspace from the eclipse folder there and it all works as normal. The directory my Eclipse opens is C:\Users\Mal\Desktop\forge\mcp\eclipse
  4. It is not doing that in the latest version on the file server, you have to put all LanguageRegistry calls in preInit for the names and textures to be found correctly. It might need more, my init method is basically LanguageRegistry, GameRegistry, OreDictionary, and instantiations, so I just grabbed most of it and moved it over. I also added in pack.mcmeta file under assets/modname and almost all of my textures loaded with no other changes to the code. The only one that didn't work after that was my hacked together test block, and that was because I used setUnlocalizedName as the texture ref
  5. https://github.com/pahimar/Equivalent-Exchange-3 However, EE3 uses a separate key-bind for it's crafting grid, and since you asked for on right click, this code will suit your needs better: @Override public boolean onItemUse(ItemStack itemStack, EntityPlayer entityPlayer, World world, int x, int y, int z, int sideHit, float hitVecX, float hitVecY, float hitVecZ) { if (world.isRemote) { entityPlayer.openGui(yourmod.instance, yourguiID, world, x, y, z); } return true; } It's a bit rough, since I wrote it on the spot, but hopefully it ma
  6. Hmm, it doesn't look like an issue with the smelting command you had originally as long as you are turning chunks into stone. If it's the other way around, then the parameters are backwards. It looks like you are setting everything up correctly for the items, so the only thing I can think of is either use the item id of the items instead of the config variables, or explicitly tell the ItemStack to make one stone, shown here: GameRegistry.addSmelting(divineChunks.itemID, new ItemStack (divineStone.itemID,1), 1.0f); That should fix it hopefully.
  7. Well, I'm guessing you are talking about @Override public void updateEntity() { // the - 1 prevent it from crashing! for(int i = 0; i < getSizeInventory() - 1; i++) { maxstack += advTinyChest[i].getMaxStackSize(); stacksizes += advTinyChest[i].stackSize; inventorymaxstack += getInventoryStackLimit(); } if(maxstack == stacksizes || maxstack == inventorymaxstack) { isFull = true; } else if(maxstack == 0) { isFull = false; } else { isFull =
  8. First off, the link elantzb provided is very helpful for getting the basic world gen working, so this is kind of assuming you understand that. How I'm going about world gen is through these two files: https://github.com/Malorolam/Carbonization/blob/master/mal/carbonization/WorldgeneratorCarbonization.java https://github.com/Malorolam/Carbonization/blob/master/mal/carbonization/CarbonizationGenMinable.java and adding GameRegistry.registerWorldGenerator(new WorldgeneratorCarbonization()); to your main mod file. WorldgeneratorCarbonization is what Minecraft uses to generat
  9. Well my code makes no sense because I haven't quite figured it out myself. I've been focusing the last couple of days on getting a release ready and all the needed information for that set up. The comments are me thinking about how I want to proceed, and I find it easier to figure things out if I act like I'm teaching. What I have so far is I'm going for a multiblock system that is a bit closer to XYCraft then Railcraft, since I find some of the limitations of the Railcraft multiblocks irritating, mainly not being able to have them touch. Thinking this through I'm going to go for figur
  10. First, make sure that your texture files are named correctly and are in the correct folders. Since you didn't have this problem a few days ago, I doubt it's this, but it doesn't hurt to be thorough. Second, which is probably the issue, make sure that if you are going to override a method, like you are here, use the @Override tag before the method declaration so it is explicitly using your method when getting the textures for your block. It's also a good way to make sure that you overrode the method correctly, since Eclipse will flip if you try to override a method incorrectly.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy.