[SOLVED] [1.16.5] Custom block model makes the block underneath it transparent

Anonomys

Hey, so I was taking a break from minecraft modding and then today i decided to go back and do some modding again. I saw that my latest version of my mod was 1.16.3, so i decided to update it to 1.16.5. Then I found out that they renamed basically everything, and now im stuck with this problem, the problem is that its not the same code as in the 1.16.3 because the voxel shapes and facing things dont work in this version. So i just deleted them, and now i dont know how to fix this. These blocks have no rotation and no boundary boxes, since i deleted them. I never liked working with them, for me they are annoying. And yeah as i said, the problem is that the custom block model makes the block underneath or beside it transparent. The code is basic, basically just a constructor in a class and some properties in the init class. Any help appreciated!

Edited by Anonomys

This is my signature. I don't really too much know about java but i try to help and i try to get help from others too. Thank you!

7 minutes ago, Anonomys said:

the problem is that the custom block model makes the block underneath or beside it transparent.

you need to set your blocks render layer to be cutout during the client setup.

8 minutes ago, Anonomys said:

I saw that my latest version of my mod was 1.16.3, so i decided to update it to 1.16.5. Then I found out that they renamed basically everything

things haven't been renamed. Forge previously used mcp mappings, but recently Mojang relesead the official mappings, and so the newer versions of forge ship with those by default.

you can cahnge the mappings channel and version in your build.gradle to switch back to mcp

8 minutes ago, Anonomys said:

the problem is that its not the same code as in the 1.16.3 because the voxel shapes and facing things dont work in this version.

they should work, just have different names. you can use of your IDE's auto complete to see what method shares the signature (parameters and return type), that you were using

1 minute ago, kiou.23 said:

you need to set your blocks render layer to be cutout during the client setup.

And how do i do that?

This is my signature. I don't really too much know about java but i try to help and i try to get help from others too. Thank you!

Okay doesnt matter, i just changed the mappings channel from the official to the latest snapshot (20210309-1.16.5). It works now how its supposed to.

• Anonomys changed the title to [SOLVED] [1.16.5] Custom block model makes the block underneath it transparent