Changing Sword swing animation

YahwehIsMyEl

This is my first time trying to mod Minecraft java, and so I don't really even know what is possible or the best way to go about things.

I tried doing research on this topic however I found very little information regarding this subject, and as a result I have really no idea how to go about this.

I am trying to create a texture pack that has a "fencing" sword animation rather than the basic sword swing animation for 1.8.9 pvp.

I have created the two separate edits of the diamond sword texture to get the two pictures posted here. All I did was edit the model file to change the position of the sword, however I can only see one position at once and I have to change the file if I want the position of the sword to change.

I am wondering if there is a way that I can just create a mod or even a datapack or something easier that will just switch between two separate files that have the two separate positions rather than the swing animation, or if I will have to create a mod that will actually change the swing animation.

If I can just create something that will switch files every click, I am also wondering if there is a way to smooth out the motion so it looks more like a steady motion.

I was also hoping to change the blocking to something different but I have not created the file for that position yet, however if I do, I am hoping to use the same concepts described here to get the animation I am looking for.

Thank you for you help.

For some reason I can't figure out how to post an image here so here is a pinterest link to the image.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/696017317416621627

• Guest locked this topic