Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

No runnable .jar for 1.18.1 ?

OhShiro

I'm trying to make a 1.18.1 modded server on my unraid mineos docker and when I install the server pack it doesn't give me a runnable .jar to use. The only options I have to launch the server are a windows batch file "run" and .sh file under the name "run" which I can't use on my docker. With older versions of forge; 1.16.5 as an example; when installed, I'm given a .jar that I can use. But when I use the 1.18.1 forge installer I don't get one. Any help on this would be great since I've spent 2 days trying to get a server running and I haven't gotten any good help from the mineos forum. UPDATE: someone on another forum figured it out so nvm.

Edited by OhShiro
solution found

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/16/2021 at 2:48 PM, OhShiro said:

I'm trying to make a 1.18.1 modded server on my unraid mineos docker and when I install the server pack it doesn't give me a runnable .jar to use. The only options I have to launch the server are a windows batch file "run" and .sh file under the name "run" which I can't use on my docker. With older versions of forge; 1.16.5 as an example; when installed, I'm given a .jar that I can use. But when I use the 1.18.1 forge installer I don't get one. Any help on this would be great since I've spent 2 days trying to get a server running and I haven't gotten any good help from the mineos forum. UPDATE: someone on another forum figured it out so nvm.

I'm still having trouble, where did you find the answer?

On 12/16/2021 at 2:48 PM, OhShiro said:

For those who would find this useful I ended up asking about this problem in the mineos forum.

have the latest java installed

copy the universal JAR from libraries/net/minecraftforge/forge/1.18.1-39.0.5/ to your server directory

add @user_jvm_args.txt @libraries/net/minecraftforge/forge/1.18.1-39.0.5/unix_args.txt to your additional java arguments box (copied out of the run.sh file)

Mind you I'm using the mineos docker on my unraid server. So this was the solution for my particular docker. 3c69bd7715be00a4981c0b036c509c6cef0a026f

Ignore the jdk at the top its just a plugin the user who posted this was using to run multiple java versions on his docker. 

5 hours ago, BeeDub said:

I'm still having trouble, where did you find the answer?

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • 2b2t is the king of anarchy servers in the eyes of many in the Minecraft community. The server is synonymous with the culture at this point and almost defines the genre altogether. There are absolutely zero rules in what is often humorously described as the "oldest anarchy server in Minecraft" by the community. The server also features a huge selection of some serious YouTube names who have claimed 2b2t as their home, including the likes of FitMC and Salc1. 2b2t is an absolute must-try for any players wanting to get their feet wet in the ruthlessly intense world of pure anarchy servers. The only slight downside to this server is the ridiculously long queue times in place due to its unparalleled recent success and popularity.
    • I'm trying to make a block that is slippery in one direction: its friction depends on the angle of your motion. I've got it to work perfectly for nonplayer entities, but (once again), the player poses a different issue because of siding. My testing indicates that calling getDeltaMovement is giving (0, -1, 0) on serverside when it shouldn't be, and this screws up the calculation. How can I get accurate information here? @Override public float getFriction(BlockState state, LevelReader level, BlockPos pos, @org.jetbrains.annotations.Nullable Entity entity) { if (entity == null) { return 0.7F; } //Get a unit vector in the appropriate direction Vec3 axisUnitVector = Vec3.ZERO; if (state.getValue(AXIS) == Direction.Axis.X) { axisUnitVector = new Vec3(1, 0, 0); } else if (state.getValue(AXIS) == Direction.Axis.Z) { axisUnitVector = new Vec3(0, 0, 1); } //The block can't be placed vertically //Take the dot product of that vector with a unit vector in the direction of the entity's movement //This effectively just returns the cosine of the angle between the entity's vector and the chosen axis //i.e. 0 when perpendicular, 1 when parallel, etc. Vec3 normalizedMovement = entity.getDeltaMovement().normalize(); double dotProduct = Math.abs(normalizedMovement.dot(axisUnitVector)); //Produce a string for reporting String vectorString = "(" + StringUtils.truncate(String.valueOf(normalizedMovement.x), 4) + "," + StringUtils.truncate(String.valueOf(normalizedMovement.y), 4) + "," + StringUtils.truncate(String.valueOf(normalizedMovement.z), 4) + ")"; //Friction ranges from 0.6 to 1 depending on that cosine double finalMultiplier = Mth.lerp(dotProduct, 0.6, 1); chatPrint("Friction: " + StringUtils.truncate(String.valueOf(finalMultiplier), 5) + ", dot:" + StringUtils.truncate(String.valueOf(dotProduct), 5) + ", vector:" + vectorString + (level.isClientSide() ? "clientside" : "serverside"), (Level) level); return (float) finalMultiplier; } Walking on the block in the slippery direction produces this output: [CHAT] Friction: 0.6, dot:0.0, vector:(0.0,-1.0,0.0) serverside [CHAT] Friction: 0.981, dot:0.953, vector:(-0.0,-0.3,-0.9) clientside [CHAT] Friction: 0.6, dot:0.0, vector:(0.0,-1.0,0.0) serverside [CHAT] Friction: 0.981, dot:0.952, vector:(-0.0,-0.3,-0.9) clientside [CHAT] Friction: 0.6, dot:0.0, vector:(0.0,-1.0,0.0) serverside [CHAT] Friction: 0.981, dot:0.952, vector:(-0.0,-0.3,-0.9) clientside [CHAT] Friction: 0.6, dot:0.0, vector:(0.0,-1.0,0.0) serverside [CHAT] Friction: 0.981, dot:0.952, vector:(-0.0,-0.3,-0.9) clientside [CHAT] Friction: 0.6, dot:0.0, vector:(0.0,-1.0,0.0) serverside [CHAT] Friction: 0.980, dot:0.952, vector:(-0.0,-0.3,-0.9) clientside [CHAT] Friction: 0.6, dot:0.0, vector:(0.0,-1.0,0.0) serverside [CHAT] Friction: 0.980, dot:0.952, vector:(-0.0,-0.3,-0.9) clientside [CHAT] Friction: 0.6, dot:0.0, vector:(0.0,-1.0,0.0) serverside [CHAT] Friction: 0.980, dot:0.952, vector:(-0.0,-0.3,-0.9) clientside  
    • The 1.19 optifine previews are not compatible with forge, see the release notes: https://optifine.net/changelog?f=preview_OptiFine_1.19_HD_U_H8_pre2.jar
    • deleted the folder, and still, not working.
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.