[1.16.5] Crafting without JSON Files

jayxo

hello! : )

for the last month I've been working on porting an old mod, Advanced Combat, to 1.16.5. just for my own personal game, not to reupload. I have gotten everything done, except for the recipes. the way recipes were made in the original mod was through code. I've tried out a few methods but nothing seemed to work.

https://pastebin.com/mERPVcnX & https://pastebin.com/0N8zvGNN

just for some context for my question, Advanced Combat has items called "upgrades". each upgrade represents a vanilla enchantment, and can be crafted to enchant items in the crafting table. some enchantments like protection has a normal and elite version that can enchant an item double its vanillas max level. (i.e. protection 1-4 and elite protection 5-8)

my question is how could I make a recipe for tools to be enchanted with these upgrades in the crafting table?

thank you!!

first of all, you know you can look at vanilla recipe json files? find the stone sword recipe and a pumpkin pie recipe, you shouldn't have problems making simple recipes based on those.

...or, there a few recipe generators online. drag and drop a few items and download a json file. (now serious modder wouldn't want to be seen using that, but don't worry about that)

the code you show creates recipes via Data Generator,
the code you show should create the recipes if:

1. you replace the mod id in the args of the data run config for the output of the Generator in the build.gradle file with your mod id
  2. you run the data task

did you do these two things?
-> if yes post log
-> if not try it