Add to mods folder minecraft version number

Minelape

I think that it would be very helpful that mods folder would be named with version number. For example mods-1.6.2, because I have (maby someone else also) many profiles with different minecraft versions and some mods are not combitable with newest game version so it just gets error message.

Mods/{minecraft version} is scanned for mods as well also you can use the launchers gameDir option.

Cluttering the root dir is a horrible idea.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

• 1 month later...

It would be nice if it would scan the version-folder (additionally) according to the 'id' in the json...

At the moment it scans mods/ and e.g. mods/1.6.2/ ...

It would be nice if it would also scan e.g. mods/1.6.2-Optiforge/ if you launch the Version with that name...

Yea I know there is the gameDir option but i never use mods which add/modify any Ingame-object.

Only optical/hud additions and tools. Like Optifine, Inventory Tweaks, Minimap, NEI etc...

...so no need to scatter my Worldfiles around... (which the gamedir-option would)

But multiple versions with multiple mod-combinations would be nice

(e.g. Inventory Tweaks isn't allowed on the Hive-Server and i don't need ArmorHUD on my Creative maps most of the times...)

And yes I know there is the option to load mods as libraries over the json but that's way too complicated for frequent changes...

...I already have looked into the code how to do that a bit and I think the Version-Id is saved in Minecraft.field_110447_Z ... so perhaps call discoverer.findModDirMods again with that in the path...?

Edit: Or as an alternative: is there a way to easily en/disable mods ingame?

It would be nice if it would scan the version-folder (additionally) according to the 'id' in the json...

At the moment it scans mods/ and e.g. mods/1.6.2/ ...

It would be nice if it would also scan e.g. mods/1.6.2-Optiforge/ if you launch the Version with that name...

The game is not reliably given that information when launching. Either way, the official answer is use gameDir.

if you don't like this, make sym links to your world dirs.

Aside from that, deal with it.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon