Inventory Open [1.5.2]

Creepmander

Hi!

I wanna make a Gui next to the inventory, but i cant find the event for it.

Do you know what/where is this Event/boolean?

(I think this is an event or boolean)

I need a line like that:

if( -|INVENTORY OPENED|- );

{

tam-tararam-ta-tam-ta-tam

}

;D ;D ;D

Nevermind, please help me if you can!

@GotoLink, i was using tickhandler to draw stuff before the RenderGameOverlayEvent was made. (jeez that sounds hipster)

and afaik you cant interract with it. so i think its worth to note that you will only be able to look at this GUI and not interract with it

how to debug 101:http://www.minecraftforge.net/wiki/Debug_101

-hydroflame, author of the forge revolution-

I think opening another gui (with buttons and even slots) is feasible, though you can't rely on player.opengui(...) to do that, because Minecraft would allow only one to be open at a time. You'll have to catch mouse event on your own, i suppose.

Another solution would be to make an "extending Gui", a gui that look like the one you replace, with more buttons and stuff.

You'll have to pass the vanilla gui content into your own then.

I remember mods that probably did this in 1.4.7.

I think opening another gui (with buttons and even slots) is feasible, though you can't rely on player.opengui(...) to do that, because Minecraft would allow only one to be open at a time. You'll have to catch mouse event on your own, i suppose.

Another solution would be to make an "extending Gui", a gui that look like the one you replace, with more buttons and stuff.

You'll have to pass the vanilla gui content into your own then.

I remember mods that probably did this in 1.4.7.

You think it is possible? How hard do you think?

As for the first idea (opening a GUI while another GUI is still open) this is probably making-your-own-gui-system-from-start-to-finish (like a game within a game) kinda hard. Intensive use of a tickhandler, making your own mouse listener, catching packets if you want to pass items between the two GUIs, then saving data somehow when your own GUI closes...

The second idea would require keeping a copy of the original GUI, closing it, opening a combined GUI with the copy as an argument, so it can build it again and add more. Making this copy (the only hard step, as everything else can be handled by vanilla Minecraft) may require reflection, bytecode manipulation...this is on advanced-object-handling level, i think.

I have got a new idea about it! It will be sooo better!

I will made a gui, like It will be GuiInGame, i will made pressable pictures to the right bottom corner. If i press, the Gui is appear. Like World of Warcraft xD and a binded button to Show/Hide the mouse. I think its a really good idea.  ;D ;D ;D