Installing FML

dries007

I want to make a version of my mod SimpleServerBackup (and possibly others) with only FML so you won't need a modded client to connect, but I can't get FML working.

I have tried with "fml-src-2.2.106.176" and "fml-src-2.9.86.190" but I keep getting spammed with errors when recompiling.

I hope this is the right place for this as FML is part of Forge and I hope you guys have some experience with it. (the error log is huge....)

The problem is solved

I high-jacked the foge install script and removed the forge/src and forge/patches. This only installs FML, but the setup finches with errors. If you then manually execute Recompile, updatemcp, updatenames and updatemd5 it seems to work...

Please send me all the typo's you found, I'm from Belgium and I'm a little dyslectic and suck @ typing.

width=700 height=100http://dries007.net/banner.png[/img]

I want to make a version of my mod SimpleServerBackup (and possibly others) with only FML so you won't need a modded client to connect, but I can't get FML working.

I have tried with "fml-src-2.2.106.176" and "fml-src-2.9.86.190" but I keep getting spammed with errors when recompiling.

I hope this is the right place for this as FML is part of Forge and I hope you guys have some experience with it. (the error log is huge....)

Huh.

(I inserted an = in the URL in the quote)

Now, after reading the log, it seems that you're missing patches or files to patch, which is weird.

So, what would happen if I did push that shiny red button over there? ... Really? ... Can I try it? ... Damn.

You can't do that. FML is a part of Forge and can't/shouldn't be used independently. Tell me. How does making your server mod "Forge" required modded client?

Ok, I took a better look at what was happening, and it seems like the install.cmd copies the entire /fml/src to /src/minecraft_server (not just the server code, all of it).

Also, it seems that 2.2.X.X are the working versions for 1.2.5, 2.9 is for 1.3.

Ps, The readme says that FML can be used without forge.

Please send me all the typo's you found, I'm from Belgium and I'm a little dyslectic and suck @ typing.

width=700 height=100http://dries007.net/banner.png[/img]