Forge In Another Folder

DavyDawg123

Hey everyone, I need some help.  I used the new installer to make a folder for a forge profile, but in a folder different than '.minecraft'.  The folder is there, and fine.  Everything works until I try to make a profile to PLAY Forge, and it's not an option in the Versions drop-down bar.  Not sure what's going on, so I hope someone does  :)  Thanks in advance for any help!

If you install forge to a differnt directory. You need to tell the launcher to use that folder. If you don't know how to do that then just use the default settings.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Code

Logs

Videos

SOMETHING that actually tells us shit. There is always a way to get ARLEAST the console log. Get it and post it. its you launching the game wrong we can't really fix something on our end in shit we don't know anything about or have anything to do with.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

In the "versions" folder in what would be .minecraft, the installer created the folder for Forge, and it was created correctly.  When I create a new Profile in the launcher, I should be able to choose that Forge folder as a version to play on, like I would 1.6.2, 1.5.2, etc.  However, it doesn't even show up.  That's the best I can do, sorry if it isn't much help.