forge-1.16.5-36.2.23 error with launching a server

aracdo

Hello, it's been days since I'm trying to launch my forge server with the version above but I can do it,

In my folder I only have the libraries folder, the logs folder, the forge-1.16.5-36.2.23.jar file, the minecraft_server.1.16.5.jar file and the run.bat file.

In the run.bat file I wrote:

java -Xms4096M -Xmx6144M -jar forge-1.16.5-36.2.23.jar nogui

pause

And whenever I try to launch it I have the same paragraph:

D:\Autres\forge server>java -Xms4096M -Xmx6144M -jar forge-1.16.5-36.2.23.jar nogui
2022-03-29 20:21:21,242 main WARN Advanced terminal features are not available in this environment
[20:21:21] [main/INFO] [cp.mo.mo.Launcher/MODLAUNCHER]: ModLauncher running: args [--gameDir, ., --launchTarget, fmlserver, --fml.forgeVersion, 36.2.23, --fml.mcpVersion, 20210115.111550, --fml.mcVersion, 1.16.5, --fml.forgeGroup, net.minecraftforge, nogui]
[20:21:21] [main/INFO] [cp.mo.mo.Launcher/MODLAUNCHER]: ModLauncher 8.0.9+86+master.3cf110c starting: java version 18 by Oracle Corporation
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalAccessError: class cpw.mods.modlauncher.SecureJarHandler (in unnamed module @0x7995092a) cannot access class sun.security.util.ManifestEntryVerifier (in module java.base) because module java.base does not export sun.security.util to unnamed module @0x7995092a
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.SecureJarHandler.lambda$static$1(SecureJarHandler.java:41)
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.api.LamdbaExceptionUtils.uncheck(LamdbaExceptionUtils.java:95)
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.SecureJarHandler.<clinit>(SecureJarHandler.java:41)
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.lambda$new$6(Launcher.java:55)
        at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap.computeIfAbsent(ConcurrentHashMap.java:1708)
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.api.TypesafeMap.computeIfAbsent(TypesafeMap.java:52)
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.api.TypesafeMap.computeIfAbsent(TypesafeMap.java:47)
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Environment.computePropertyIfAbsent(Environment.java:62)
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.<init>(Launcher.java:55)
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:66)
        at net.minecraftforge.server.ServerMain$Runner.runLauncher(ServerMain.java:63)
        at net.minecraftforge.server.ServerMain$Runner.access$100(ServerMain.java:60)
        at net.minecraftforge.server.ServerMain.main(ServerMain.java:57)

I'm on Windows, I have the latest Java version(8) and I don't know why it don't work, maybe I've made something wrong,

I hope someone can help me, it's my first time running a forge server in 1.16.5 on my pc.

First of all, thank you for answering this fast.

But Even when I update it to the latest version it stills tell me that:

D:\Autres\forge server>java -Xms4096M -Xmx6144M -jar forge-1.16.5-36.2.33.jar nogui
2022-03-29 22:44:56,766 main WARN Advanced terminal features are not available in this environment
[22:44:56] [main/INFO] [cp.mo.mo.Launcher/MODLAUNCHER]: ModLauncher running: args [--gameDir, ., --launchTarget, fmlserver, --fml.forgeVersion, 36.2.33, --fml.mcpVersion, 20210115.111550, --fml.mcVersion, 1.16.5, --fml.forgeGroup, net.minecraftforge, nogui]
[22:44:56] [main/INFO] [cp.mo.mo.Launcher/MODLAUNCHER]: ModLauncher 8.1.3+8.1.3+main-8.1.x.c94d18ec starting: java version 18 by Oracle Corporation
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalAccessError: class cpw.mods.modlauncher.SecureJarHandler (in unnamed module @0x7995092a) cannot access class sun.security.util.ManifestEntryVerifier (in module java.base) because module java.base does not export sun.security.util to unnamed module @0x7995092a
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.SecureJarHandler.lambda$static$1(SecureJarHandler.java:45)
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.api.LamdbaExceptionUtils.uncheck(LamdbaExceptionUtils.java:95)
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.SecureJarHandler.<clinit>(SecureJarHandler.java:45)
        at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap.computeIfAbsent(ConcurrentHashMap.java:1708)
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Environment.computePropertyIfAbsent(Environment.java:62)

The folder is still the same just the version has been updated to the latest (forge-1.16.5-36.2.33)

PS: The reason I was using this old version of forge was because I wanted to play with a modpack of this version, since I've updated it will it work on my server ?

I already have Java 8, I installed it again but it still tell me the same message whenever I try to launch it stills tell me the same:

D:\Autres\forge server>java -Xms4096M -Xmx6144M -jar forge-1.16.5-36.2.33.jar nogui
2022-03-30 10:07:41,074 main WARN Advanced terminal features are not available in this environment
[10:07:41] [main/INFO] [cp.mo.mo.Launcher/MODLAUNCHER]: ModLauncher running: args [--gameDir, ., --launchTarget, fmlserver, --fml.forgeVersion, 36.2.33, --fml.mcpVersion, 20210115.111550, --fml.mcVersion, 1.16.5, --fml.forgeGroup, net.minecraftforge, nogui]
[10:07:41] [main/INFO] [cp.mo.mo.Launcher/MODLAUNCHER]: ModLauncher 8.1.3+8.1.3+main-8.1.x.c94d18ec starting: java version 18 by Oracle Corporation
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.SecureJarHandler.lambda$static$1(SecureJarHandler.java:45)
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.SecureJarHandler.<clinit>(SecureJarHandler.java:45)

I installed Java from the official website and as I said I've already runned some forge server on upperversion where the run.bat file is already created.

I may have wrote the line in the run.bat file wrong so here it is again:

java -Xms4096M -Xmx6144M -jar forge-1.16.5-36.2.33.jar nogui

pause

8 minutes ago, aracdo said:

ModLauncher 8.1.3+8.1.3+main-8.1.x.c94d18ec starting: java version 18 by Oracle Corporation

you did not change the java version, you can replace the 'java' in the command with the full path of java 8

Edited by Luis_ST