Use reflections in ForgeGradle to load items

FabioTNT

1) No idea what 'Reflections' is, but it seems like black magic that will probably not work.
2) There is no way to get all potential classes in a package, so there is no way to magically 'find' these implementation classes.
3) It's better to manually init your registry objects in one location using a deferred register.
4) This has nothing to do with FG, this is runtime stuff.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

There is a way to find all the all the subtypes of a class in a package. It's exactly what reflections are used for.

I'm guessing that it could be a mapping problem, but I have no clue how to correctly implement reflections in ForgeGradle.

23 hours ago, FabioTNT said:

There is a way to find all the all the subtypes of a class in a package. It's exactly what reflections are used for.

I'm guessing that it could be a mapping problem, but I have no clue how to correctly implement reflections in ForgeGradle.

No, it's not because classes can be added to the runtime at any point, so whatever  you're doing is most likely not reliable.
Which is why I said it seems like black magic and probably won't work. Feel free to actually show us what it is so we can understand your context.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon