Error running client: Exception in thread "main" java.io.UncheckedIOException: java.io.IOException: Invalid paths argument

Troglodo

So, theres no much more to say, was running the client just fine ( With the IDE ), It didn't throw any error.

But i had to compile to test a feature, i copied the file, deleted the build folder and when i tried to run the client, it throws this error:

Exception in thread "main" java.io.UncheckedIOException: java.io.IOException: Invalid paths argument, contained no existing paths: [\mod\bin\default]

I think deleting the build folder may have caused the problem, sorry if this is obvious but im new to the modding world even if i knew a bit of java before.

And last my apollogies if theres any Spelling/Grammar mistake, im not english native.

51 minutes ago, Troglodo said:

But i had to compile to test a feature, i copied the file, deleted the build folder and when i tried to run the client, it throws this error

How did you test the feature?

Please provide the debug.log (which includes the full error).

4 minutes ago, Luis_ST said:

How did you test the feature?

Please provide the debug.log (which includes the full error).

It has to do with the name, if the name is X do something. Nothing crazy. I exported to jar to try it out with different names.

How do i upload the debug.log?

14 minutes ago, Troglodo said:

It has to do with the name, if the name is X do something. Nothing crazy. I exported to jar to try it out with different names.

I have zero idea what exactly you are talking about. What did you mean with "name".

Note: You need to use gradle build to create the .jar file, you can not use the export feature of your IDE.

14 minutes ago, Troglodo said:

How do i upload the debug.log?

You can use https://gist.github.com/ to upload larger text files.

2 minutes ago, Luis_ST said:

I have zero idea what exactly you are talking about. What did you mean with "name".

Note: You need to use gradle build to create the .jar file, you can not use the export feature of your IDE.

You can use https://gist.github.com/ to upload larger text files.

The player name, sorry for not explaining my self

I did .\gradlew build in the terminal

here you go: https://gist.github.com/elkeTmata/3dad9e8e54866d58e0b53ac54fb2bb13

1 hour ago, Troglodo said:

Exception in thread "main" java.io.UncheckedIOException: java.io.IOException: Invalid paths argument, contained no existing paths: [\mod\bin\default]

The log you post does not contains any error, the only thing thing i found was a disconnect while joining a World.

Where did you get this Error?

1 hour ago, Troglodo said:

deleted the build folder

Are you sure you delete the build folder and not the bin folder?

I'm not entirely sure, but I think you're using Eclipse as IDE?
If yes delete the Project from your IDE, regenerate the Project by running gradlew eclipse and gradle genEclipseRuns.
Then reimport the Project.

10 minutes ago, Luis_ST said:

Are you sure you delete the build folder and not the bin folder?

I'm not entirely sure, but I think you're using Eclipse as IDE?
If yes delete the Project from your IDE, regenerate the Project by running gradlew eclipse and gradle genEclipseRuns.
Then reimport the Project.

Worked! Thank you very much. Just deleted and reimported