Better MC [Forge] 1.18.2 - FTB Backups Config Watcher error

1mRAAAH

Hello.

I'm running a server on my pc for a few people to play on, using Better MC 1.18.2. It has been working for a couple of days but today it stops loading after a certain message, everytime.

[07nov.2022 13:29:23.313] [modloading-worker-0/INFO] [quark/]: Found Quark module class vazkii.quark.content.automation.module.ChuteModule
[07nov.2022 13:29:23.314] [modloading-worker-0/INFO] [quark/]: Found Quark module class vazkii.quark.content.automation.module.ChainsConnectBlocksModule
[07nov.2022 13:29:23.315] [modloading-worker-0/INFO] [quark/]: Found Quark module class vazkii.quark.addons.oddities.module.TotemOfHoldingModule
[07nov.2022 13:29:23.319] [modloading-worker-0/INFO] [quark/]: Found Quark module class vazkii.quark.addons.oddities.module.TinyPotatoModule
[07nov.2022 13:29:23.321] [modloading-worker-0/INFO] [quark/]: Found Quark module class vazkii.quark.addons.oddities.module.PipesModule
[07nov.2022 13:29:23.325] [modloading-worker-0/INFO] [quark/]: Found Quark module class vazkii.quark.addons.oddities.module.MatrixEnchantingModule
[07nov.2022 13:29:23.327] [modloading-worker-0/INFO] [quark/]: Found Quark module class vazkii.quark.addons.oddities.module.MagnetsModule
[07nov.2022 13:29:23.331] [modloading-worker-0/INFO] [quark/]: Found Quark module class vazkii.quark.addons.oddities.module.CrateModule
[07nov.2022 13:29:23.334] [modloading-worker-0/INFO] [quark/]: Found Quark module class vazkii.quark.addons.oddities.module.BackpackModule
[07nov.2022 13:29:23.338] [modloading-worker-0/INFO] [quark/]: Dispatching Module Step CONSTRUCT
[07nov.2022 13:29:23.410] [modloading-worker-0/INFO] [twilightforest/]: Loaded compatibility for mod Tinkers Construct.
[07nov.2022 13:29:23.411] [modloading-worker-0/INFO] [twilightforest/]: Skipped compatibility for mod undergarden.
[07nov.2022 13:29:23.411] [modloading-worker-0/INFO] [twilightforest/]: Skipped compatibility for mod immersiveengineering.
[07nov.2022 13:29:23.412] [modloading-worker-0/INFO] [twilightforest/]: Loaded compatibility for mod Curios.
[07nov.2022 13:29:32.636] [FTB Backups Config Watcher 0/INFO] [net.creeperhost.ftbbackups.FTBBackups/]: Config at D:\Modpack1.18BetterMinecraft\config\ftbbackups2.json has changed, reloaded!

I tried removing FTBBackups, but that will only cause the loading to hang on the previous message for "Loaded compatibility for mod Curios".
I removed some backups to match the config of ftbbackups2.json, I removed the config and reloaded the server so it generates a new one, nothing seems to work.

The server starts with powershell and was, as I said previously, working just fine. Message came out of nowhere and now doesn't go away, whatever change I make.
Would love to see some solutions as I have no idea how to fix it.

Thanks in advance.

Post a link to your logs/debug.log

Edited by warjort
  • Like 1

Boilerplate:

If you don't post your logs/debug.log we can't help you. For curseforge you need to enable the forge debug.log in its minecraft settings. You should also post your crash report if you have one.

If there is no error in the log file and you don't have a crash report then post the launcher_log.txt from the minecraft folder. Again for curseforge this will be in your curseforge/minecraft/Install

Large files should be posted to a file sharing site like https://gist.github.com  You should also read the support forum sticky post.

I don't see anything strange in that log. It just seems to have to stopped.

If have the java jdk installed rather than just the jre there is a tool called jstack that can be used to diagnose these kind of problems.

https://docs.oracle.com/en/java/javase/17/docs/specs/man/jstack.html

If you get the process id (pid) of the server process from task manager you can then type on the command line

jstack -l pid

which will show what all the threads of the java virtual machine are doing.

Edited by warjort

Boilerplate:

If you don't post your logs/debug.log we can't help you. For curseforge you need to enable the forge debug.log in its minecraft settings. You should also post your crash report if you have one.

If there is no error in the log file and you don't have a crash report then post the launcher_log.txt from the minecraft folder. Again for curseforge this will be in your curseforge/minecraft/Install

Large files should be posted to a file sharing site like https://gist.github.com  You should also read the support forum sticky post.