Modded Minecraft 1.18.2 crashing at launch, no crash report

Padelopopus

Right so I'm in the process of making a modpack and I've finally run into something I can't figure out how to fix myself. I had it all working yesterday, and today I added a couple of mods and it stopped working. No biggie, this has happened before. I systematically disabled each mod I added today, still, same crash. I did some googling and each forum had a different answer, none of them worked. I re-installed the launcher, tried different Forge versions, restarted computer, and lots of other things all to no avail. I've gotten to the point where I'm running exactly the same mods as I did yesterday but now it is crashing. Other packs work fine. Also, its not generating a crash report, so all I have are the logs

There is no real error in that log, it just stops.

There are however warnings about not being able to load minecraft classes.

[09:39:37] [main/WARN]: Error loading class: net/minecraft/client/renderer/item/ItemProperties$static$1 (java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.client.renderer.item.ItemProperties$static$1)

[09:39:37] [main/WARN]: @Mixin target net.minecraft.client.renderer.item.ItemProperties$static$1 was not found infernal-expansion.mixins.json:client.MixinItemProperties

[09:39:43] [pool-3-thread-1/WARN]: Error loading class: net/minecraft/resources/RegistryLookupCodec (java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.resources.RegistryLookupCodec)

Which could be caused by one of your mods breaking the class with an invalid mixin. The logs/debug.log might have more information, but you need to enable it for curseforge in its settings.

You can also post your launcher_log.txt, yours should be in C:\Users\Isoprime100\curseforge\minecraft\Install

That has probably recorded the error if you haven't restarted the launcher after the crash.

Boilerplate:

If you don't post your logs/debug.log we can't help you. For curseforge you need to enable the forge debug.log in its minecraft settings. You should also post your crash report if you have one.

If there is no error in the log file and you don't have a crash report then post the launcher_log.txt from the minecraft folder. Again for curseforge this will be in your curseforge/minecraft/Install

Large files should be posted to a file sharing site like https://gist.github.com  You should also read the support forum sticky post.

The debug.log does not show who is trying to access the last class in the log.

[09:39:43] [pool-3-thread-1/WARN]: Error loading class: net/minecraft/resources/RegistryLookupCodec (java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.resources.RegistryLookupCodec)

That class does not exist in 1.18

It looks like you have a mod for the wrong version of minecraft that is trying to apply mixins and causing the crash?

Your launcher_log.txt is inaccessible. So, I can't see if that has more information that might identify the mod.

Edited by warjort

Boilerplate:

If you don't post your logs/debug.log we can't help you. For curseforge you need to enable the forge debug.log in its minecraft settings. You should also post your crash report if you have one.

If there is no error in the log file and you don't have a crash report then post the launcher_log.txt from the minecraft folder. Again for curseforge this will be in your curseforge/minecraft/Install

Large files should be posted to a file sharing site like https://gist.github.com  You should also read the support forum sticky post.

I see, my launcher log seems to be "pending moderation" on pastebin. I'll upload it to gist here.

I came to a similar conclusion of an outdated mod, but I outright disabled all of the ones I added today and it is still causing the crash. I know I have done this by checking the date modified in the mods folder. Sorry I can't be of more help.

The launcher log confirms it is mixin trying to load that class which is causing the crash.

It doesn't say anything about which mod.

[Info: 2022-11-10 00:16:02.6857564: GameCallbacks.cpp(228)] Game/game () Info Caused by: org.spongepowered.asm.mixin.throwables.ClassMetadataNotFoundException: net.minecraft.resources.RegistryLookupCodec

[Info: 2022-11-10 00:16:02.6857729: GameCallbacks.cpp(228)] Game/game () Info at MC-BOOTSTRAP/org.spongepowered.mixin/org.spongepowered.asm.mixin.transformer.MixinPreProcessorStandard.transformMethod(MixinPreProcessorStandard.java:754)

I found this old thread with the same issue, but the thread does not say which mod was causing the problem:

https://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/support/java-edition-support/3148844-1-18-2-forge-crash

Boilerplate:

but I outright disabled all of the ones I added today and it is still causing the crash.

You should check your mods folder. To confirm the mods were actually removed.

And since you are using curseforge, it may have added additional mods that are required dependencies for those mods.

Edited by warjort

Boilerplate:

right okay so I just decided to make a new profile and add mods in 1 by 1. eventually found the culprit: Nullscape. Even though it is listed as a 1.18.2 mod, I now can't find it by searching it on the CurseForge app. I was working before and somehow broke overnight. Dunno what the hell could have happened but I'm happy its fixed now.

Thanks for your help, warjort.