[1.18.2] Check if block at given position is grass/foliage/water

Sireous

Most Biomes in Minecraft have unique grass/foliage/water color. It can be accessed via methods .getFoliageColor(), .getGrassColor() and .getWaterColor() of the Biome class. That means, technically, that game has an awairness of whenever block is grass/foliage and fluid is water. Am I able to gain such awairness too? Considering that I have access to instance of ServerLevel class and BlockPosition, where I want to check these conditions.

You mean tags?

e.g. blockState.is(BlockTags.FLOWERS)

https://forge.gemwire.uk/wiki/Tags

But I think you will find what you are talking about works the opposite way.

i.e. A grass block asks the biome what color it should be when it is being drawn.

Boilerplate:

If you don't post your logs/debug.log we can't help you. For curseforge you need to enable the forge debug.log in its minecraft settings. You should also post your crash report if you have one.

If there is no error in the log file and you don't have a crash report then post the launcher_log.txt from the minecraft folder. Again for curseforge this will be in your curseforge/minecraft/Install

Large files should be posted to a file sharing site like https://gist.github.com  You should also read the support forum sticky post.

what do you need?

if you need to know the type of block (which the title implies "Check if block at given position is grass/foliage/water"). try the isReplaceable method or compare the block material with something.

if you need the color...
those green stuff are usually gray (in png files) and those textures (in models) are assigned tint indexes.
then, the developer tells the game how to recolor these parts of the model. the problem for you is - there is more than one way to choose a tint color.

17 hours ago, warjort said:

But I think you will find what you are talking about works the opposite way.

So, maybe, it can be done like this?

block.getMaterial().getColor().col

I found out I can call such thing from a BlockState. Is that a current block color?

14 hours ago, MFMods said:

what do you need?

Well, to make things clear. You might know that things like BlockEntityRenderer are used by Minecraft to render things into our monitor. But lets say I have asked such renderers to render some portion of the world into my own buffer => I got Minecraft geometry as it is rendered right now in my screen. I also dumped current texture atlases as .png (basic ones, because I can't yet figure out how to get full list of atlases in code). So I got geometry, I got textures. But:

those green stuff are usually gray (in png files)

I need to know color for each block to setup Blender materials, so it will look exactly, like in my world. Because right now all grass/water/leaves are in greyscale. So, I want to know that:

then, the developer tells the game how to recolor these parts of the model.

32 minutes ago, Sireous said:

So, maybe, it can be done like this?

block.getMaterial().getColor().col

I found out I can call such thing from a BlockState. Is that a current block color?

No, that is the color when it is drawn on a map item.

If you want the custom color of a block, look at the BlockColors class e.g.

BlockColors.getColor(BlockState, Level, BlockPos)

The instance the game uses is a private field in the Minecraft class, so you will need to use an access transformer.

https://forge.gemwire.uk/wiki/Access_Transformers

Boilerplate:

If you don't post your logs/debug.log we can't help you. For curseforge you need to enable the forge debug.log in its minecraft settings. You should also post your crash report if you have one.

If there is no error in the log file and you don't have a crash report then post the launcher_log.txt from the minecraft folder. Again for curseforge this will be in your curseforge/minecraft/Install

Large files should be posted to a file sharing site like https://gist.github.com  You should also read the support forum sticky post.

29 minutes ago, warjort said:

No, that is the color when it is drawn on a map item.

If you want the custom color of a block, look at the BlockColors class e.g.

BlockColors.getColor(BlockState, Level, BlockPos)

The instance the game uses is a private field in the Minecraft class, so you will need to use an access transformer.

https://forge.gemwire.uk/wiki/Access_Transformers

Thanks!

By the way, getColor returns int. How it is converted to RGB or something of that kind?

It is in the standard hex encoding for RGB. 0xRRGGBB

e.g. 0xFF0000 is pure red.

Minecraft's NativeImage class has some utility methods.

Boilerplate: