[1.19.3] Item model mismatch between in-hand model and ground and item frame models

DrNickenstein

I've got an item that's got a property that changes the used model for it and it is working when shown in-hand while if it is on the ground or in an item frame it is showing the item as if the property was ignored. I tried sending a packet to the server when it was necessary because of some client side events which changed the property but it still doesn't work as intended. What is confusing is that even in vanilla code there isn't a consistency to this: if a charged crossbow is dropped or put in an item frame then it's shown as if it is empty, but if an elytra is broken and the same is done it is shown as broken. I'm clueless about this and it's getting really frustrating because everything works but this small detail doesn't. Any ideas?

This is the third time you have posted this question. And all there times it boils down to.

"I wrote some code and it doesn't work. You must have psychic powers and can tell me what is wrong with it, without seeing it".

If you don't want to continue to be ignored, you need to show what you are doing (preferably on github so we can see everything in context and maybe try it for ourselves).

Or else find somebody that does have psychic powers. 🙂 

On the difference between the elytra and crossbow, look at the ItemProperties class.

See how the CROSSBOW "charged" property requires the LivingEntity of the ItemProperyFunction to be non-null. i.e. the item must be in a LivingEntity's inventory to show as "charged".

While the ELYTRA "broken" property doesn't reference the entity.

Boilerplate:

If you don't post your logs/debug.log we can't help you. For curseforge you need to enable the forge debug.log in its minecraft settings. You should also post your crash report if you have one.

If there is no error in the log file and you don't have a crash report then post the launcher_log.txt from the minecraft folder. Again for curseforge this will be in your curseforge/minecraft/Install

Large files should be posted to a file sharing site like https://gist.github.com  You should also read the support forum sticky post.

10 minutes ago, warjort said:

This is the third time you have posted this question. And all there times it boils down to.

"I wrote some code and it doesn't work. You must have psychic powers and can tell me what is wrong with it, without seeing it".

If you don't want to continue to be ignored, you need to show what you are doing (preferably on github so we can see everything in context and maybe try it for ourselves).

Or else find somebody that does have psychic powers. 🙂 

On the difference between the elytra and crossbow, look at the ItemProperties class.

See how the CROSSBOW "charged" property requires the LivingEntity of the ItemProperyFunction to be non-null. i.e. the item must be in a LivingEntity's inventory to show as "charged".

While the ELYTRA "broken" property doesn't reference the entity.

Ok man I apologize for that I don't expect anyone to have psychic powers but I thought if it was needed someone would've just asked, but from now on I'll include it when it might be useful. Thanks for the heads up

Now that is interesting and I did not notice it, thanks, I'll give it a look