How to make player fly

person5996

hey so I'm attempting to make a player fly but have run into an issue that bring that I don't exactly know how to make that happen. I have tried a few things but one of the methods I tried crashed my game, I am trying to get it very similar to the creative code where you double tap the space bar to fly but there is no clear method, that I saw, to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm also in 1.18

Edited by person5996

hey so I've been trying this and even edited some of it but its not working I also don't understand what they meant by the "call onUpdateAbillities" here's what I've got any reccomendations.

public void command() 
    {
        LiteralArgumentBuilder command = Commands.literal("fly").executes(
            (commandContext) -> {return fly(commandContext);}
            );
    }

private int fly(CommandContext<CommandSourceStack> commandContext) throws CommandSyntaxException 
    {

Player player = commandContext.getSource().getPlayerOrException();
        player.getAbilities().mayfly = !player.getAbilities().mayfly;
        System.out.println("Fly set to : "+player.getAbilities().mayfly);

return 1;
    }

Player.onUpdateAbilities() 

On the server it sends a network packet to the client to tell it about the changes you made.

Boilerplate:

If you don't post your logs/debug.log we can't help you. For curseforge you need to enable the forge debug.log in its minecraft settings. You should also post your crash report if you have one.

If there is no error in the log file and you don't have a crash report then post the launcher_log.txt from the minecraft folder. Again for curseforge this will be in your curseforge/minecraft/Install

Large files should be posted to a file sharing site like https://gist.github.com  You should also read the support forum sticky post.

I've been working still and think I almost have it but still don't have the flight bit down here's my code and I'm just wondering if there is anything wrong with it or if I just have it in the wrong place because its not in the potions start event. 

public void command() 
    {
        Commands.literal("fly").executes(
            (commandContext) -> {return fly(commandContext);}
            );
    }

private int fly(CommandContext<CommandSourceStack> commandContext) throws CommandSyntaxException 
    {

Player player = commandContext.getSource().getPlayerOrException();
        player.getAbilities().mayfly = !player.getAbilities().mayfly;
        System.out.println("Fly set to : "+player.getAbilities().mayfly);
        player.onUpdateAbilities();

return 1;
    }