Compiling a mod

Glorfindel22

I have just finished the programming the basics for my mod and I am playing to do a Open Alpha (WIP) release. However, I can't figure out how to compile it into a jar file, have things since 1.5.2?

Creator of the Recipe Expansion Pack mod.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1983421-172-forge-recipe-expansion-pack-version-012/

Updated to 1.7.2!

Thanks for the responses...

I followed the tutorial on called "Releasing Mods" on the wiki and it seems to work. Although installing both forge and mods has definitely changed since 1.5.2. However, I was wondering under the new system where you place the files inside the jar folder instead of a mod folder, how does the mcmod.info work now? Where is it placed in your directory? Can you guys show me a template for me to follow for my mod?

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1983421-172-forge-recipe-expansion-pack-version-012/

Updated to 1.7.2!

With the new system of mod installation, as far as I understand you copy all the files into the minecraft jar file, so how does that work? Doesn't that you would have multiple files with the same name in the location if you installed multiple mods (i.e more than one mcmod.info) So either I am a missing something or something has changed. Also your post was very unhelpful, because in addition to that I have never made an mcmod.info file before, so I don't know what information I am supposed to place in it. Does anyone have a template?

Updated to 1.7.2!

With the new system of mod installation, as far as I understand you copy all the files into the minecraft jar file, so how does that work?

You have got it all wrong. You put nothing into the minecraft jar file. Everything goes into the mods folder. Nothing has changed in this regard.

The only new thing is the pack.mcmeta file, which you can put alongside the mcmod.info file.

Templates are easy to find on the wiki, but here they are:

{
   "pack":{
      "pack_format":1,
      "description":"Resource pack sample"
   }
}

[
{
  "modid": "",
  "name": "",
  "description": "",