weird issue/bug with invisible blocks (?)

TheRealKuro

Hello 🙂

Not sure if this is the right place for this as this seems to be a problem with Minecraft in general, but maybe someone here can help me with this issue. I tried to find a solution but I can't find any post with the same issue described.

Here is a video with a demonstration of the issue.

https://www.kapwing.com/videos/6422f2fc891963040ef83cf8

Here the same post again if the video above does not work:

https://github.com/Layers-of-Railways/Railway/issues/83

Some things that might be important:
MC-Version 1.19.2
Forge 43.2.0
~ 144 mods
Does not happen with common Create tracks for some reason, did also happen with other mod blocks (just when stacking blocks with worldedit)

Detailed description of what happened:

1) I started with playing on my server with ~144-149 mods on 1.19.2 forge

2) Then I put down a monorail from "Steam n Rails" and tried to connect it

3) Poof, "ghostblocks" appeared as rails, as shown in the video. I didn't expect this because I expected visible blocks, not invisible ones. 😞
As mentioned in the comments, those blocks seem to be registered at the server but not sent to the client. idk how to fix pls help thank you

To reproduce this issue, you need my exact 149 mods modpack, forge 43.2.0 and a server

- Put mods in your mods folder

- Make a dedicated server

- Go on the server

- Place a monorail from Create: Steam 'n' Rails as shown in the video and as described above

- thats it
Modpack download to reproduce: https://easyupload.io/pgw4ji

I would appreciate your help,

thank you in advance!

Edited by TheRealKuro
better description

Looks like whatever mod is responsible for those blocks is creating "ghost blocks".

Blocks that exist on the server but have not been sent to the client.

The same thing can happen if the mod only removes the block from the client and not the server.

From the little information you provide:

just when stacking blocks with worldedit

you should contact the worldedit mod author.

Your post on the railways issue page is likely ignored for lack of information.

Rather than using videos (which are useless), post a step by step description on the steps you took to reproduce the problem.

e.g.

1) I started with this

2) Then I did this

3) Finally -- describe what happened and why you didn't expect it --

Boilerplate:

If you don't post your logs/debug.log we can't help you. For curseforge you need to enable the forge debug.log in its minecraft settings. You should also post your crash report if you have one.

If there is no error in the log file and you don't have a crash report then post the launcher_log.txt from the minecraft folder. Again for curseforge this will be in your curseforge/minecraft/Install

Large files should be posted to a file sharing site like https://gist.github.com  You should also read the support forum sticky post.

Ah yes, I expected an answer like this.

(just when stacking blocks with worldedit)

Here I was talking about the same issue, caused by something else (Worldedit)
But as the same issue appears by only placing those monorails, not using Worldedit-> Worldedit is not the issue.

Anyways, excuse me for not being a pro at creating issue threads, but I'm not sure why you consider my video as "useless".
It shows exactly what happened, cause a bare description of the issue could be confused with a different issue, so I wouldn't say the video is useless.

1 hour ago, warjort said:

Rather than using videos (which are useless), post a step by step description on the steps you took to reproduce the problem.

e.g.

1) I started with this

2) Then I did this

3) Finally -- describe what happened and why you didn't expect it --

Okay, I edited my post. 🙂

To be honest, I was hoping that someone already experienced this kind of issue since it's not the first time this issue appeared. I thought it's something "common"

Thank you for the fast reply.

but I'm not sure why you consider my video as "useless"

A video has little useful information.

Consider if you have a video of an explosion in real life, all it shows is "something exploded".

You have no idea from the video what exploded or why.

To be able to diagnose a problem you need to be able answer the 5Ws. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Ws

Videos contain little of that type of information.

Boilerplate:

If you don't post your logs/debug.log we can't help you. For curseforge you need to enable the forge debug.log in its minecraft settings. You should also post your crash report if you have one.

If there is no error in the log file and you don't have a crash report then post the launcher_log.txt from the minecraft folder. Again for curseforge this will be in your curseforge/minecraft/Install

Large files should be posted to a file sharing site like https://gist.github.com  You should also read the support forum sticky post.

Okay, but all I wanted to show was the issue itself as it's hard to describe with bare words, as mentioned in my reply
Furthermore, I edited my post with steps to reproduce and shared my modpack

..But as you wish:

Who: Me

What: Minecraft block is invisible for me but not for server (look post)

When: Always -> when placing rails from "Steam n Rails"

Where: On a dedicated server in Minecraft 1.19.2

Why: I don't know why, that's why I'm here, I want to find out?

You need to take the changes you made to the top post of this thread and copy them onto that bug report.

We can't fix "Steam n Rails", only the mod author can do that.

They will only be able to do that if you provide all the relevant information.

You kind of misunderstood the 5Ws (taking it too literally). It should be more like:

Who -> Versions you are using for minecraft, forge, create, steam n rails and any others relevant

What -> The actual name of the block(s) not the vague "Minecraft block"

etc.

Edited by warjort

Boilerplate: